YYS4BOB's collection.

Post photographs of your collection here!
GHOSTHUNTER

Re: YYS4BOB's collection.

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Love that Coca Cola Van on the Y-1 Model T Ford. Seems odd they designed a whole new Model T Ford just for those Vans and did not use the original casting after doing the prototype. Any ideas as to why this is so, was the new Ford done because of the move in Yesteryears to larger scales, maybe!

Ghosthunter.
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:Love that Coca Cola Van on the Y-1 Model T Ford. Seems odd they designed a whole new Model T Ford just for those Vans and did not use the original casting after doing the prototype. Any ideas as to why this is so, was the new Ford done because of the move in Yesteryears to larger scales, maybe!

Ghosthunter.
I'd like to know that answer as well. As for all the rest of the models shown, all I can say is ... WOW! :o
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
YYS4BOB

Post by YYS4BOB »

Marcel has photocopies of the early drawings for the Y12. This post copied from MOYBOYZ. Doesn't explain why the front end was changed, but I guess it was due to proportions.

The drawings are interesting as some of the prototype's features that never made it to production are still included, like the rear coach lamps.

The front view shows the prototype screen design was adopted, although the sidelights were added The rest of the assembly on the prototype is the Y1 car of course.

I've never understood where the 5th line came from, as it wasn't on the prototype, and isn't on these drawings.

The screen component had a lot of additions to it for production, but test runs were more or less as per this drawing.

Originally there was a roof rack, but it's not on these drawings so must not have been approved at a very early stage, only to appear later on the Renault.
Bob
matchboxmarcel

Post by matchboxmarcel »

As Bob said I have a copy of the R&D drawing of which Bob has posted parts of the scans I made.
In June 2019 I saw the real thing at a Ford T meeting in the south of The Netherlands.
No roof rack on that one but of course bodies may have been custom made at that time.

marcel
matchboxmarcel
Squid

Post by Squid »

matchboxmarcel wrote:No roof rack on that one but of course bodies may have been custom made at that time.
Most truck-type vehicles did indeed have custom bodies at that time.
YYS4BOB

Post by YYS4BOB »

Some for our USA members.
IMG_6019.JPG
Bob
matchboxmarcel

Post by matchboxmarcel »

that's a very light yellow body for that 2nd model from the left, Bob.

marcel
matchboxmarcel
YYS4BOB

Post by YYS4BOB »

The light yellow model has the early body without the ridge along the top.
Y30-1-PP2.JPG
Bob
matchboxmarcel

Post by matchboxmarcel »

looks a very stangen model Bob, thanks for the extra picture.

marcel
matchboxmarcel
YYS4BOB

Post by YYS4BOB »

A few Cords (not musical!). Left and centre front row have no Y No. The all white model has, so has to be designated a colour trial, all proper factory assembly.
Y18-1.JPG
The preproduction models sit lower than the production models, the body almost fouls the wheels.

They had a similar problem with the Y24 Bugatti, so much so that the very early examples didn't roll.
Cord.JPG
Bob