Introduction to Beginners' Corner

An area for less experienced collectors to ask questions and show their finds.
Tinman

Re: Introduction to Beginners' Corner

Post by Tinman »

That one poor model is just begging for a restoration :)
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
simov70

Post by simov70 »

hello, thanks for this information, I try to find the black of the tires .... as for the photos of the other models you have to be patient for a few days that I am mounting the display cabinets hanging on the wall ... for the joy of friends and relatives who find this thing quite picturesque and don't hang pictures in the living room !!! every now and then I restore some matchbox ... not at your levels, the models in the photo are spectacular, but I try if they are not destroyed to keep them original with the dents and the missing paint because they have a particular charm ........ and even this friends and relatives find it strange !!!

simov70

Post by simov70 »

I put some photos of the matchboxes that I have at hand
Attachments
g5-forum.jpg
g5-forum.jpg (63.99 KiB) Viewed 12320 times
mercury-forum.jpg
mercury-forum.jpg (57.12 KiB) Viewed 12320 times
massey-forum.jpg
massey-forum.jpg (52.95 KiB) Viewed 12320 times
singer-forum.jpg
singer-forum.jpg (33.53 KiB) Viewed 12320 times
pickup-forum.jpg
pickup-forum.jpg (38.84 KiB) Viewed 12320 times
francipe

Post by francipe »

Hi Everybody,
I've been collecting Matchbox Models of Yesteryear since the early '80s, starting with the Straw box models and going all the way through to the Mattel releases and beyond.

I joined the MOYBOYZ Forum nearly 2 years ago so anybody from there will know be familiar with my collecting foibles. I'm not one to name names but Marcel and Bob Tutt are mostly to blame for me being here. And Charlie P's ATM Code 2 posts

I recently bought the first 40 Yesteryear models, just one of each. I've never liked the Woodgrain boxes or the generally gaudy and unrealistic paint jobs on those models so don't intend on adding these to my collection.

Mostly I buy (and occasionally sell) Code 2 models, especially for MICA Conventions. To this end I have several MB38 and MB44 models released for the early Conventions.

Unlike the MOYBOYZ Forum this site keeps the identity of members secret. I answer to most things including francipe or Pete, Peter and Pedro.
That's all folks.
Peter
francipe

Post by francipe »

And another thing.
I've also got some Dinky models (9 from memory) as part of several MICA Convention Gift Sets, with a few variations as single models. Plus some more released in Germany for the Leipzig Toy Shows and some from the MICA N. America club which includes 2 or 3 Christmas/Calendar Convoy trucks.
Peter
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

francipe wrote:I've never liked the Woodgrain boxes or the generally gaudy and unrealistic paint jobs on those models...
We should be thankful that when the lunatics took over the asylum, they didn't dictate that YYs also needed to be fitted with Superfast wheels! :D

Welcome to the Forum, and my apologies for the difficulties you encountered along the way.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Hugh said...''We should be thankful that when the lunatics took over the asylum, they didn't dictate that YYs also needed to be fitted with Superfast wheels!

...and I say...So what is this then?

Ghosty.
YYS4BOB

Post by YYS4BOB »

These strange "experimental" wheels have been seen on the Y11 Packard & Y15 Packard as well. I don't have an example, and have never had the chance to examine one.
Bob
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:Hugh said...''We should be thankful that when the lunatics took over the asylum, they didn't dictate that YYs also needed to be fitted with Superfast wheels!

...and I say...So what is this then?
The lunatics obviously got further than I thought.
nelsonknapp

Post by nelsonknapp »

Hi All
I've just joined the forum. I have "discovered" several Dinky Toys models from my younger years. I can identify most of them, but I have a troop carrier with removable soldiers that I can't even find on the Vectis Auctions price guide. I've posted pictures of my "collection" and would welcome any info you may have regarding the troop carrier.
Thanks so much
Nelson Knapp
Springfield, MO 65804 USA
Attachments
No.44B AA Motorcycle Patrol
No.44B AA Motorcycle Patrol
161B Anti Aircraft Gun on Trailer
161B Anti Aircraft Gun on Trailer
Dinky Toys No.290 Double Deck Bus
Dinky Toys No.290 Double Deck Bus
Dinky Supertoys No.965 Euclid Rear Dump Truck
Dinky Supertoys No.965 Euclid Rear Dump Truck
Dinkey Supertoys No. 905 Foden 8-wheeled Flat Truck with chains
Dinkey Supertoys No. 905 Foden 8-wheeled Flat Truck with chains
French Dinky Toys No.32-AJ Panhard Semi Trailer Kodak
French Dinky Toys No.32-AJ Panhard Semi Trailer Kodak
Dinky Supertoys No.532 Comet Wagon
Dinky Supertoys No.532 Comet Wagon
Troop Carrier with soldiers removed
Troop Carrier with soldiers removed
Troop Carrier with soldiers
Troop Carrier with soldiers
Last edited by nelsonknapp on Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.