YYS4BOB's collection.

Post photographs of your collection here!
Moyboy

Re: YYS4BOB's collection.

Post by Moyboy »

Yup - someone buggered up all right.
YYS4BOB

Post by YYS4BOB »

Prepro Jags.

Bob
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Fabulous selection Bob. Do you get the feeling they were also using these castings to do some colour trialling as well!

Regards how many exist of such models we have to say we just don't know as I doubt fully detailed records were kept (and now long gong) so it is a case of just keep buying them when they do turn up.

Do all the tyres look the same to you Bob as these can be quite revealing story tellers in their own right. I would expect to see what I call a 73-75 design and the 75-77 design fitted.

The 73-75 design is the most common design seen, since it was first fitted to the 1973 upgraded Yesteryear range in Woodgrain boxes until a new design appears in 1975, fitted to the Prince Henry Vauxhall.

Models introduced into the range during 1975, 76 and 77 have the 75-77 design which has a very distinctive angled section of the side wall on one side of the tyre as seen on the near-side of this Jaguar.

Ghosthunter.
YYS4BOB

Post by YYS4BOB »

Sorry, that kind of analysis is beyond me. We've had conversations on tyre detail before without any resolution. I've had several attempts at getting a picture as good as you show, but my camera is on the way out and just can't do it.
Bob
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

OK Bob, is that why the picture of your Pre-Pro Jaguars gives the impression of looking at it through a really fine mesh.

Ghosthunter.
YYS4BOB

Post by YYS4BOB »

There's been considerable loss of resolution when uploaded to post image. Also some was lost during edit. Not best pleased with results lately.
Bob
Squid

Post by Squid »

I know Ive said it before, but it bears repeating: an amazing collection! My own Yesteryears collection is about to quadruple in size, but it will remain nowhere the quality and magnitude of Bob's. The pre-production and color trial models are great; some color schemes could have worked with minor changes, but others would have surely tanked at retail.
YYS4BOB

Post by YYS4BOB »

Bob
matchboxmarcel

Post by matchboxmarcel »

a very colorful candy colored set of Jags Bob.
Nice !

marcel
matchboxmarcel
eduardo ascanio

Post by eduardo ascanio »

Incredible!!!!

Very Nice