'Dinky Toy' copies.

Dinky toys by Meccano
MOKOSEX

Re: 'Dinky Toy' copies.

Post by MOKOSEX »

Heres a really smart dinky copy by clifford of the vauxhall vega coach,like i have said before i only keep lesney lookalikes so this was listed on ebay over easter so if you look it up there more pics
dave
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

The coach shown by "Mokosex" is a very well known plastic copy of a Dinky Toy, probably because so many distributors and wholesalers were taking this model. I currently have 11 versions listed for this coach, or put another way, that's 11 companies that have marketed this model under a 'Brand' name. One company even put it into at least three box designs under two catalogue numbers.

It has been called both a Vauxhall and Bedford, Bedford because the real coach was based on Bedford commercial running gear and Vauxhall because Bedford used to be part of Vauxhall Motors Ltd.

GHOSTHUNTER.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Here is another plastic copy of a Dinky Toy. Marketed by a few companies, this one is boxed as an 'NFIC' product, a very big toy based company in Hong Kong, actually supplied a lot of toys to the other companies such as 'TELSALDA' and 'MAKS' etc.

GHOSTHUNTER.
Attachments
NFIC.jpg
NFIC.jpg (101.77 KiB) Viewed 8935 times
DINKY.jpg
DINKY.jpg (56.99 KiB) Viewed 8935 times
Ewan

Post by Ewan »

I'm guessing this is a copy of the Cooper Bristol? My Ramsay's gives the length of the Dinky as 89mm, this is 86mm on my tape measure. It's made from soft plastic with 'Made In Hong Kong' on one side and 'No 809' on the other. I think I've seen these in green also - are there any similar copies of any of the other Dinky 50s racing cars? Also, I have a vague recollection of seeing one of these as a kid, which was long after the Cooper Bristol was current - does anyone know when they were made?
DSCN7110 (450x337).jpg
DSCN7110 (450x337).jpg (68.89 KiB) Viewed 8930 times
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

No, nothing from me Ewan...but these are similar.

Ghosty.
Attachments
Honk Kong.JPG
Honk Kong.JPG (46.61 KiB) Viewed 8924 times
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Here is a recent addition to my collection in the form of a plastic copy of the #150, Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith. It was made in Hong Kong by 'TAT' and is number 74 in their range of similar car models.

This particular example is not the best I have seen with extra White painted sides and parts of the front bumper and the whole rear bumper missing, but a bad model is better than no model at all!
TAT #74.JPG
TAT #74.JPG (47.26 KiB) Viewed 8908 times
DINKY TOYS #150.jpg
DINKY TOYS #150.jpg (56.56 KiB) Viewed 8908 times
GHOSTHUNTER.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Here is the Dinky Toys Bedford 'TK' Drop-Side lorry, or Truck, never knew what the difference was!

I had one exactly like this and the Three Yellow plastic side and rear panels could be opened or un-clipped completely and the rear platform can be raised like a 'Tipper'. This was a favourite toy and a nice partner to the same company's Bedford 'Coca-Cola' lorry (I still have some of the little crates of drinks from this), and they are very good representations of the real vehicle.
Dinky Toys Bedford 'TK' Dropside lorry..JPG
Dinky Toys Bedford 'TK' Dropside lorry..JPG (45.77 KiB) Viewed 8895 times
...and here is a really nice plastic copy from Hong Kong. The identity of this example is not known, because this is not the 'TELSALDA', 'AL' or 'CLIFFORD' model, they are all different mouldings.
A Dinky Toys Bedford 'TK' cab.JPG
A Dinky Toys Bedford 'TK' cab.JPG (48.57 KiB) Viewed 8895 times
GHOSTHUNTER.
SMS88

Post by SMS88 »

Never seen any good big plastic Bedfords before - what a fine plastic copy of spot on spun hubs on the HK copy!
misterpop

Post by misterpop »

Heres a Galanite Ford D series bought at the NEC.......Dinky Matchbox Corgi copy ?? what your thoughts fellas.About 50th scale maybe a little bigger....I was going to make up a Simon platform like the one I used to drive but its to good to break...

dseries.jpg
dseries.jpg (72.73 KiB) Viewed 8885 times
Heres the man with the bargains.Always open to offers from this sites members..http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/misterpop/m.h ... m=&_ipg=25
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Thanks for showing this here Ian. It looks to be based on the 'TEKNO' Ford 'D' Series, rather than the "Matchbox" or 'DINKY' models.

Ghosty.