Factory Overpaint - Y-16-1 1904 Spyker

An area for less experienced collectors to ask questions and show their finds.
Moyboy

Re: Factory Overpaint - Y-16-1 1904 Spyker

Post by Moyboy »

Tradefreak wrote:
1.jpg
I have a Matchbox Y-16-1 1904 Spyker that I'm pretty sure has been factory-overpainted. Green can be clearly seen underneath the factory yellow and, in my meagre research, I found out that the 1960 or 1961 Matchbox catalog shows a two-tone green one which, so I understand, was never released. For those naysayers who might think someone did this on purpose after the fact, I can tell you I'm the original owner and only noticed it a couple days ago. So, I'm looking for more info from those more knowledgeable than me. I tried uploading several pics showing all sides and the bottom, but this is the only one that loaded. Might need some advice on how to do that.
Thanks for that.The 'o' s in the script should be perfectly round, yours are the normal type being numerical 'o's ( elongated) This would make it a later model than the prepro greens or maroon which all have the circular 'o' plus the fact the windscreen is also of the later type as well.
Tradefreak

Re: Factory Overpaint - Y-16-1 1904 Spyker

Post by Tradefreak »

Sorry about the delay. Here's a pic of the undercarriage and some more of the model which shows the green underneath the yellow.
Attachments
8.jpg