13d Dodge Wreck Truck “my brother has a great brother” (-:

All regular wheel 1-75 or miniatures topics
Idris
Site Admin

Re: 13d Dodge Wreck Truck “my brother has a great brother” (

Post by Idris »

Diecast wrote:Perhaps only a small note to the yellow painting on the model B. I think the model was made a little secretly, illegally and hastily, so there was no time for primer and therefore the yellow painting is dull.
I'm sure the old-timers here will the recall the long (and often acrimonious) thread on Lefora in which the origins of this model were keenly debated.
Personally, I feel that the evidence suggests they were created illicitly using genuine, unpainted factory castings. As such, I think it unlikely they were painted in the factory, although they may have been smuggled back in(!) for riveting. Depending on who was responsible/in the know, axle crimping may have taken place on an R&D machine or in someone's shed using a bench vice or a pair of pliers. (It always amazes me that people willingly pay four-figure sums for these models in spite of being aware that they do not have any known Lesney provenance. Basically, they're code 3 models!)
Brad Pittiful

Post by Brad Pittiful »

if i came across a lunch box special for sale for like 20 dollars...id buy it
Please use a web hosting site (like photobucket) to store pictures so you can post them here, using attachments makes it hard to view the pictures when you have to scroll to see them. Seeing comparisons of models is hard to see with attachments too.
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

Brad Pittiful wrote:if i came across a lunch box special for sale for like 20 dollars...id buy it
...but would you pay US$2,000 (or more)?
Brad Pittiful

Post by Brad Pittiful »

Idris wrote:
Brad Pittiful wrote:if i came across a lunch box special for sale for like 20 dollars...id buy it
...but would you pay US$2,000 (or more)?
no i would not...i doubt ill ever see one though...but no
Please use a web hosting site (like photobucket) to store pictures so you can post them here, using attachments makes it hard to view the pictures when you have to scroll to see them. Seeing comparisons of models is hard to see with attachments too.