PAYPAL SCAM

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
Idris
Site Admin

Re: PAYPAL SCAM

Post by Idris »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:This is what I get!
Having done a quick bit of Googling, it would seem that the 'mailto' command is not functioning properly on your machine (see here).
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Thanks Hugh. I do not update the laptop anymore due to the amount of updates shoved in to the computer and the fact Windows 7 is no longer officially supported by Microsoft so wonder if that has any connections to that issue.

Ghosthunter.
jsherwood

Post by jsherwood »

Another email scam pretending to be paypal - I never click on email links, but people could be easily fooled by this one, until you read the poor english.
I'm always sceptical of any emails about security of your accounts as this is how they get your trust.

Here's a screendump of the email

Cheers
Screenshot 2020-12-12 at 10.59.15.png
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

If you get an e-mail, text message, or WhatsApp informing you of some kind of issue or change to your account, check the URL the link points to before clicking on it. If you have any doubts, access the account via the parent website rather than using the link. Remember, such messages are crafted to panic you, so that you take immediate, knee-jerk action, rather than the slower, sensible, and infinitely more secure alternative.
(My youngest stepson just got scammed by clicking on a link in a message which was seemingly from HSBC. The link took him to a carbon copy of HSBC's site, where he entered all of his account login details. You can guess what happened next.)