Tinman

Re: spot the gems (subjective!)

Post by Tinman »

Nice Haul!
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Cragstan as you know were a toy distibutor/importer but paid heavily to be involved with those Gamda Koor models.

Nice condition #69 Superfast Rolls-Royce, can we see the underside or inside the open boot to see if you have bagged a 'Long Seat' version.

Ghosthunter.
MOKOSEX

Post by MOKOSEX »

DrJeep wrote:Are there two Condon dumpers with missing drivers? A few Budgies in here too - Leyland Hippo cattle truck, bulk milk tanker, and the 3-wheel Scammell tractor from the British Railways delivery van. Is the red van with grey wings a Triang Minic A40?
You were correct about the condon dumpers and the minic A40 van :D ,heres a pic of the budgies and the "plastics",the budgies are all fairly standard but i don,t think i have the alligator trailer so a nice surprise there :D ,not so nice the scammel three wheeler as gone walkies,this as been a real problem at this auction house for me but due to covid the viewing stopped and so did the missing items ,guess the tea leaf is back,but on the bright side i did get 2 1/75,s added :D ,the plastics are two clockwork minics at the ends of the line up,a pair of brimtoy trucks,a triang push go land rover and a triang monte carlo race car :D
Attachments
DSCN9111.JPG
DSCN9110.JPG
Last edited by MOKOSEX on Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MOKOSEX

Post by MOKOSEX »

Moyboy wrote:Condon dumper and the gold painted roller Dave.
Hi mick,you know me so well!,like i said earlier the roller and the condons stuck out to me but looking deeper i saw a few other items from the same late forties early fifties era so went for this lot :D .There was also a code 3? yesteryear in there and a model t :D
Although the condons and the roller were the initial lure the gems for me were a timpo pick up truck,and an early non motor merlin jeep,the others in my fave line up are a charbens ambulance,crescent jaguar with metal wheels(this is in two parts in the photo just gorilla glued it :D )a crescent dcmt roadster,lumar breakdown truck and a milbo jeep :D
Attachments
DSCN9108.JPG
DSCN9114.JPG
Last edited by MOKOSEX on Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MOKOSEX

Post by MOKOSEX »

AJR wrote:Many years ago (early 80's) I went to a swapmeet at a place called Bergen Op Zoom (Holland) just for the hell of it really. I also had some continental free passes that needed using up.
There was nothing there of interest but to say I'd bought something, I bought a Schuco Sweeney Ford Consul GT and one of those Impala taxi's (bottom right corner of photo).
I forget the make now (something Eastern if I recall) but don't remember what happened to it. Maybe sold later on eBay. A strange model and I think only the boot opened.
The Schuco Consul GT I still have (pic attached with Oxford Diecast Sweeney Consul GT)
IMG_4649.jpg
you are correct about the boot on the taxi(see photo in first reply) :D
MOKOSEX

Post by MOKOSEX »

Tinman wrote:Nice Haul!
Thanks :D the tractor did remind me of one of your previous posts :D
MOKOSEX

Post by MOKOSEX »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:Cragstan as you know were a toy distibutor/importer but paid heavily to be involved with those Gamda Koor models.

Nice condition #69 Superfast Rolls-Royce, can we see the underside or inside the open boot to see if you have bagged a 'Long Seat' version.

Ghosthunter.
Theres a rivers series involvement with samba,be nice to find one of those lol
Attachments
DSCN9125.JPG
DSCN9124.JPG
MOKOSEX

Post by MOKOSEX »

There was a post not long ago about auto pilen from spain,in this lot(you can,t miss them :D ) are three examples ,two ford feista and a volvo rally car,there is also a Maserati from russia and a couple of commercials from france made by champian
Attachments
DSCN9118.JPG
DSCN9120.JPG
DSCN9119.JPG
DSCN9121.JPG
MOKOSEX

ANY INFO ON THESE

Post by MOKOSEX »

First a rubber car slightly smaller than a similar dinky,my hunch is that its english made during the korean war period,any info
second this crane/break down truck,plastic body tin base just says foreign,crane turns on a turn table via an handle,heavy friction motor ,well made toy ,which if i had to guess i would say french or italian,any info?
Attachments
DSCN9117.JPG
DSCN9116.JPG
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Thanks for the extra #69 Superfast Rolls-Royce pictures. Sadly it does not have the 'Long Seat' moulding!

Ghosthunter.