Dr Jeep's eBay finds

A place to show your latest finds
motorman

Re: Dr Jeep's eBay finds

Post by motorman »

Great find with the preproduction base, I actually have 2 of these #68 Porsche’s with this rare base. They are out there :D
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
SuperFast

Post by SuperFast »

OMG: I didn't know this, I have much to learn.
Great find
S. :o
Infected by Superfast
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

...and its the sort of information you will not learn from the 'Fast and Fifty' magazine, 10/10 for the forum!

Ghosthunter.
ChFalkensteiner

Post by ChFalkensteiner »

Up until now I have regarded this as a pre-production item and therefore not included in my catalogue listing (and not really seriously looked for it). Maybe I should reconsider this.

Has this base casting only ever been found in combination with narrow 2mm wheels, or does it also exist with the wider 4mm wheels?
RRRob

Post by RRRob »

I love the Porsche, right I'm off to check mine now !

Rob
DrJeep

Post by DrJeep »

ChFalkensteiner wrote:Up until now I have regarded this as a pre-production item and therefore not included in my catalogue listing (and not really seriously looked for it). Maybe I should reconsider this
I think, from the number around, that these were distributed for sale so aren't really pre-production. I don't suppose we'll ever know whether these were made using left-over preproduction bases or whether the design was changed very soon after production began.
DrJeep

Post by DrJeep »

I hadn't bought anything on eBay since October - there hasn't been much around, and prices have been high on the few things I've been watching. This week was different - I'm really pleased with all of these.
IMG_7914.jpg
IMG_7914.jpg (346.57 KiB) Viewed 4705 times
They're not perfect. The green Minx has had a small hole drilled in the roof, the Maserati has bent axles, and the BRM has lost quite a bit of paint.
Squid

Post by Squid »

DrJeep wrote:I hadn't bought anything on eBay since October - there hasn't been much around, and prices have been high on the few things I've been watching.
I haven't shown that kind of restraint...I've bought seven (possibly eight) models this year. With my focus having been narrowed, however, that number might not climb much higher.

The 56A is a good find. I haven't seen any knocking about lately, let alone with black roof poles!
DrJeep

Post by DrJeep »

Thanks, Squid. I think 56as with black poles aren’t especially hard to find in the UK - a quick eBay search shows 5 sold in the last couple of months at prices from £5 to £25 including postage. This one was under £10 with a couple of others thrown in.

In terms of scarcity in the UK I’d rank these:

52a Maserati in red with wire wheels, 43a Hillman Minx in green, 56a black poles, 5c Players, red 52b BRM.

I may have the last three in the wrong order - you don’t see the 5c with the Players decal very often. What do others think?
nearlymint

Post by nearlymint »

Some great models, I had a bid on that Hillman :D
J
Nearlymint
Check my swaps page(rest has been under construction for years :))
https://sites.google.com/site/matchboxmagicgbbo00/home