Matchbox Lesney Ford prefect pale blue original.......??

All regular wheel 1-75 or miniatures topics
wolfie

Re: Matchbox Lesney Ford prefect pale blue original.......??

Post by wolfie »

Hi there.

Yes i am the seller.

I have nothing to hide guys nor do i try and con or deceive people for money or anything else.

I restore these models so people who may not be able to afford the rare versions in there collection can have these restored/repainted/fake/restoration models as shelf fillers instead.

I put on my auction NOT ORIGINAL and RESTORED so no buys can be mistaken at all and if i get models or have model i belive have been tampered with or altered in anyway thats not by myself i will say this.

If i belive a model i got and have is untouched and all original i wall also states this i DO NOT deceive or con no people.

Thanks for your time in reading this and hope you all understand thanks.
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

Thank you for the clarification. However, I would reiterate that, in English, an item cannot be restored to be something it never was. It is then a solely a REPRODUCTION (or fake - see my previous post).
To continue to claim that these models are restorations is therefore simply an abuse of the language.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

It is unfortunite that the statement used by so many collectors who do rebuild models..''it has been restored'' has become a very misleading statement and ''Idris'' has pointed out the actual fact behind 'Restored', so yes, if you continue to use 'Restored' in your sales text I would add a clarification as to what you mean by restored I.E. it has been rebuilt to a factory finish.

Ghosthunter.
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:...it has been rebuilt to a factory finish.
I think you mean "...it has been rebuilt to a non-original factory finish".