11b ERF Road Tanker

one new model to be updated each week
Idris
Site Admin

Re: 11b ERF Road Tanker

Post by Idris »

I forgot to mention that, like the 5b bus, IIRC, this model also comes in a distinct orange-red.
Taxidad

Post by Taxidad »

I have three tankers, black, grey, and silver wheels, two with steps at the rear one without, all have a cab brace and no side trim. All three seem to be the same color. Silver wheel as described on this site and in a stannard guide copy I acquired cheap :D
VBD HAS BEEN UNABLE TO CONFIRM THE AUTHENTICITY OF ANY MODELS PICTURED IN POSTS BY TAXIDAD. THEREFORE, THE FACT THAT A PARTICULAR VARIATION IS DEPICTED DOES NOT PROVE THAT IT WAS EVER MANUFACTURED BY LESNEY, NO MATTER HOW AUTHENTIC IT MAY APPEAR.
Diecast

Post by Diecast »

Taxidad wrote:I have three tankers, black, grey, and silver wheels, two with steps at the rear one without, all have a cab brace and no side trim. All three seem to be the same color. Silver wheel as described on this site and in a stannard guide copy I acquired cheap :D
Extremely interesting Taxidad. It would be the very first silver wheels ø8x18 I have ever seen. Please make some photos.
Thanks
Antonin
Taxidad

Post by Taxidad »

Here you go.
Attachments
mb6.jpg
mb6.jpg (124.57 KiB) Viewed 2363 times
mb5.jpg
mb5.jpg (101.48 KiB) Viewed 2363 times
mb4.jpg
mb4.jpg (143.36 KiB) Viewed 2363 times
mb3.jpg
mb3.jpg (138.93 KiB) Viewed 2363 times
mb2.jpg
mb2.jpg (116.41 KiB) Viewed 2363 times
mb1.jpg
mb1.jpg (124.57 KiB) Viewed 2363 times
VBD HAS BEEN UNABLE TO CONFIRM THE AUTHENTICITY OF ANY MODELS PICTURED IN POSTS BY TAXIDAD. THEREFORE, THE FACT THAT A PARTICULAR VARIATION IS DEPICTED DOES NOT PROVE THAT IT WAS EVER MANUFACTURED BY LESNEY, NO MATTER HOW AUTHENTIC IT MAY APPEAR.
motorman

Post by motorman »

Wow looks amazing with SPW. I wonder why we dont see more of these? :? :?
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

motorman wrote:Wow looks amazing with SPW. I wonder why we dont see more of these? :? :?
They are just so rare and Taxidad is very lucky to have one.

Ghosthunter.
zBret

Post by zBret »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote: They are just so rare and Taxidad is very lucky to have one. Ghosthunter.
They must be if neither Antonin nor Nick has ever seen one. Where on earth did you come across that one Taxidad ?
- assuming it wasn't from your childhood collection as you mentioned you got it cheap.

zBret
motorman

Post by motorman »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:
motorman wrote:Wow looks amazing with SPW. I wonder why we dont see more of these? :? :?
They are just so rare and Taxidad is very lucky to have one.

Ghosthunter.

Must be super rare if Antonin has never seen one.
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
Diecast

Post by Diecast »

Thanks Taxidad for nice photos. It is really super rare.
Antonin
Taxidad

Post by Taxidad »

I really don't remember where I got it. Since there's three of them it may have been that my brothers and I each got one. I'm going to ask them and see if they know about them or if they remember them. There are a few I remember the tan crane I had forever, the RAF tanker I got from a train diaroma the gold grille mg was one of my brothers that I got. I remember buying a lot from a mail order collectors named Two Guys Matchbox or something like that.