my latest wins

Morestone, Benbros, Charbens, DCMT, Kemlows & Moko.
fixer

Re: my latest wins

Post by fixer »

MOKOSEX wrote:
starni999 wrote:Ayup Dave,
Some really great stuff there mate. I'm coming to love the weird stuff more as I get older. Don't know a thing about them though.
Learning every day.... :D
Chris Warr.
I am learning stuff as well thanks to ghosty lol :lol:
Even the teacher learns from Ghosty
reg
MOKOSEX

Post by MOKOSEX »

Heres a lot i won recently ,hopefully they will arrive next week,whats interesting is that theres the three sizes of gaiety race cars in there and you can see the relative sizes :D
Attachments
GAY.jpg
GAY.jpg (131.99 KiB) Viewed 4110 times
starni999

Post by starni999 »

Now that's what I call a mixed lot!
Some really interesting stuff there mate, is the bottom row, right hand side car Crescent? I had one years ago, but never replaced it.
CW.
MOKOSEX

Post by MOKOSEX »

starni999 wrote:Now that's what I call a mixed lot!
Some really interesting stuff there mate, is the bottom row, right hand side car Crescent? I had one years ago, but never replaced it.
CW.
Yes i would say its a crescent jaguar, also available has a black police car with a big horn on the roof,i will double check upon arrival! :D
misterpop

Post by misterpop »

MOKOSEX wrote:
GHOSTHUNTER wrote:1st picture is showing the 'L.D. ABRAHAM' Vauxhall, ''ROBIN HOOD' (or a derivative of!) Pontiac or other big US car, 'the so called 'RIVER SERIES' Austin, not sure of the next and possibly 'BETAL' Jowett Javelin.

Next row shows the 'GAIETY' racer and another so called 'RIVER SERIES' Packard. I don't have my River series notes handy so may have discredited the make of car, but is American.

The 2nd picture is showing 'CHAD VALLEY' Hilman, Sunbeam, Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith 'POLICE' car and Humbers.

Ghosthunter.
wow!
i think you have nailed them :D :shock: ,my friend told me about the vauxhall,theres a clear v on the front of the bonnet,the blue tp is just called american saloon so could be anything,then theres a pair of river series an austin A40 what you mentioned and a dailmer conquest,then the betal,the first one on the second row is a bit of a mystery,usually found in red,this is the first grey one i have seen,i would guess the maker as kay,but i have no proof,then the gaiety morgan,this is smaller than i expected i have had a few of the larger four wheel versions and i would guess the littler ones are rarer,then the fairly common buick river series,your chad valley ids were 100% correct,absolutely well done :D
mysterycar.jpg
mysterycar.jpg (22.47 KiB) Viewed 3682 times
Dave [mokosex] ---A while back this post but still relevant as our treasures seem to be lasting forever hey?....

So did you find out what the car was that was thought to be a KAY....I have found nothing and been searching for a week with no joy..LILO rubber look the nearest but this is in diecast as you know....So 1935 Ford?-Diecast not slush- I thought it may be and orniment rather than a toy or maybe a piece for a big Monopoly set...I have no doute that you now know and will put me out of my misery....Oh I now have another to restore maybe in red...Cheers Ian.
Heres the man with the bargains.Always open to offers from this sites members..http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/misterpop/m.h ... m=&_ipg=25
misterpop

Post by misterpop »

Dave or Kevin .Put me out of my misery please......
Heres the man with the bargains.Always open to offers from this sites members..http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/misterpop/m.h ... m=&_ipg=25
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

I don't have any information regards the green saloon but having seen these (yes red is the most common colour) I know there are no markings cast inside the roof etc so it is likely to be cast by someone who does not actually 'Trade' or 'Retail' their own products and these would have been made for someone who does (back in the day of course, not know!).

Ghosty.
misterpop

Post by misterpop »

Thanks Kevin....I have one now with a wheel missing so I am going to make a new wheel.I have another I could'nt resist thats complete in the post and thats the one pictured..You are right about no information inside casting except mine has a number 2 cast on the roof inside and the one thats coming has number one so logic says there must have been more than one die.That says to me there must be loads of them out there. :? ..I will not rest till I have found out the maker of this one....More searching calls.. :P :P
MOKOSEX

Post by MOKOSEX »

I don,t have a 100% positive answer but my best guess is that it was made /sold under the kay name in woolworths,a few years ago these were everywhere but now they are snapped up :D
dave
misterpop

Post by misterpop »

Good answer Dave but none of us have a cigar yet...Chad Valley has been thought of ...I am searching model railway assesories as yet with no success.....1935 Ford has been mooted,what dos the team think on the make of car?