list /type/template

An area for less experienced collectors to ask questions and show their finds.
mmi

Re: list /type/template

Post by mmi »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:
YYS4BOB wrote:I use "Open Office". Works the same as MS, operates any of the MS suite and is free. Also save all to separate hard drive.
I would like to urge all members to use Open Office as the closest alternative to anything from Microsoft.

Ghosthunter.
which package contains the excel alternative ? what is the download site? there are quite a few variations should it start with HTTP ?
thank you
YYS4BOB

Post by YYS4BOB »

Bob
mmi

Post by mmi »

downloading now
mmi

Post by mmi »

that is the site I was at, never did get the HTTP
downloaded..... only minimal issues so far things hiding or popping up where they dont belong

assume we are using the spreedsheet? not database

what are the tricks to it?
have not used excel in 10 years would expect to be easier and not need any formulas as yet
need 12 rows (info) across and would like to cross search by MB/mfg # my stock # and location (3 listing orders)
YYS4BOB

Post by YYS4BOB »

Yes, spread sheet is what I use. Some functions from exce are not available, but they are fairly cosmetic.
Bob
nickjones
Site Admin

Post by nickjones »

I know quite a few facebook users who simply copy the variation tables from my site, It would be easy to print them out and take them with you to toyfairs etc.
The variation tables are now locked so the codes will not change any more, new unlisted variations will be given a suffix and slotted into the table in their correct position in the timeline.
Just highlight and copy the text you need and paste it into a blank word document and you will get this - but you might want to add some spaces to make it easier to read.

code number general wheel type spare tyre tank hole baseplate type tongue
code 1 olive green body & base, silver trim 11 x 24 black plastic 11 x 24 black plastic with hole squared corners no tongue
code 2 olive green body & base, silver trim 11 x 24 black plastic 11 x 24 black plastic with hole squared corners with tongue
code 3 olive green body & base, silver trim 11 x 24 black plastic 11 x 24 black plastic no hole squared corners with tongue
code 4 olive green body & base, silver trim 11 x 24 black plastic 11 x 24 black plastic with hole rounded corners with tongue
code 5 olive green body & base, silver trim 11 x 24 black plastic 11 x 24 black plastic no hole rounded corners with tongue
code 6 olive green body & base, silver trim 11.5 x 45 black plastic 11 x 24 black plastic no hole rounded corners with tongue
code 7 olive green body & base, silver trim 11.5 x 45 black plastic 11.5 x 45 black plastic no hole rounded corners with tongue
Nick Jones.
In sunny Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, UK
A-Man-Called-Bwian

Post by A-Man-Called-Bwian »

I did the above but with the pages open on my iPhone. Easy Peasy and I just add "got it yippee' next to the line when I get it.
All my collection is absolutely mint, sage and onion condition
mmi

Post by mmi »

dont have phone option or child to run it
for YYS4Bob and GH whom recommended apache, installed that about 16 months ago.
have added details of YYS to 100 pages so far ....has not crashed ... ;) yet ... very cumbersome to open but otherwise good
wanting to make a companion photo file/ number quick book .
have 600 photos 2009 heading backward,purchased 3 photo management programs either they cant do what I want or jumble them into random order
My questions tonight I made an apache spread sheet, have the cells fixed 90% and is working to insert photos however
1 how do I mass format so photos fill cell.?...not by me guessing and dragging
since I am going landscape 7 x 5 (basically how a mattel series runs) 35 to a page
2 how do I (when new number is found to add)in cell 20 then simply bump cells 21> down when they cross columns?