Dark Blue 33 Ford Zodiac.

Free buy, sell, wanted and swap ads
Forum rules
All deals are wholly private in nature.
VBD accepts neither responsibility nor liability for any aspect of any deal.
nearlymint

Re: Dark Blue 33 Ford Zodiac.

Post by nearlymint »

Hi Numi,
There is no need to test it as the model is green inside, recently I found another the same blue outer and again green inside(very poor condition).
Maybe that the Blue models were exported and thats why we struggle in the uk.
For me the search will go.
J
Nearlymint
Check my swaps page(rest has been under construction for years :))
https://sites.google.com/site/matchboxmagicgbbo00/home
numi

Post by numi »

nearlymint wrote:Hi Numi,
There is no need to test it as the model is green inside, recently I found another the same blue outer and again green inside(very poor condition).
Maybe that the Blue models were exported and thats why we struggle in the uk.
For me the search will go.
J
Thanks Jason,understood. Then could u please do the test on the Blue area next to the Bluish-Green sticker area and lets see what the outcome is.If u have time then a before & after pic is appreciated.
numi
numi

One cannot do much with all the monies in this world but can do much more if he strives toward contentment.
kerbside

Post by kerbside »

Hello Jason, my model I found in a model shop in Nth; Fitzroy Melbourne Australia.

George T.
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

I realise that what follows is probably going to stir upset some people (so apologies in advance :D ) but, to be perfectly frank, what concerns me here is that this Forum, which counts a significant proportion of the World's top 1-75 collectors amongst its membership, has so far been unable to furnish convincing photographic evidence of the existence of this particular colour variation. (Sorry George, but I just don't like the look of the colour of the paint in the rivet well of your example.)
Can any member rise to the challenge and provide unequivocal photographic evidence of the dark blue 33a?
kerbside

Post by kerbside »

Well Hugh you have your opinion and I have mine and I think you cannot always be right in your theories I am sorry to say. ;) ;)
George T.
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

kerbside wrote:Well Hugh you have your opinion and I have mine and I think you cannot always be right in your theories I am sorry to say. ;) ;)
George T.
Indeed George. There is room enough on this Forum for us to be able to agree to disagree.
EarlyWheels

Post by EarlyWheels »

All, I'd like nothing better than to put this matter to rest so I am coordinating with a collector friend to photograph the Blue Zodiac with others in the run tomorrow! We have a bank holiday in the US so we'll both be around.
EarlyWheels

Post by EarlyWheels »

Fortunately I do have an eight year old archive of two aerial views. Questions or comments welcome. These composite pics are taken from some friends and my own reference collection showing a number of Blue Zodiacs with the dark green, turquoise bluish green, and sea green identified models for contrast / comparison.
Attachments
33A.resize four colors from 2007.jpg
33A.resize four colors from 2007.jpg (176.86 KiB) Viewed 713 times
EarlyWheels

Post by EarlyWheels »

Another perspective. These are not color faded models, except for one which was purchased by me at Vectis Matchbox Magic 1 at Donington Park, circa 1998. It is a Blue Zodiac as well but one side of it morphed color to teal. You can see this piece as the lower one of the 3 Blue Zodiacs; It is play worn, about C8 condition.
Attachments
33A Zodiac Four Colors 2nd View.jpg
33A Zodiac Four Colors 2nd View.jpg (240.23 KiB) Viewed 713 times
yellowfoden

Post by yellowfoden »

EarlyWheels wrote:All, I'd like nothing better than to put this matter to rest so I am coordinating with a collector friend to photograph the Blue Zodiac with others in the run tomorrow! We have a bank holiday in the US so we'll both be around.
Hello Ethan,

When you are taking the photographs, in addition to the body colour shots can you please take some macro shots of the base to capture rivets and inside wheel arch.
Also if possible under the same light a shot through windows to capture any body colour inside.
Look forward to seeing these.

Thanks
Bert