fixer

Re: #41 Yellow GT40 & #45 Emerald Green Group6

Post by fixer »

I bet there's a choice between the 2 ........watch this space......... :lol:
reg
numi

Post by numi »

fixer wrote:I bet there's a choice between the 2 ........watch this space......... :lol:
motorman wrote:Where are you going with this survey bonny lass? :D
Nope...i have neither! :cry:
My curiosity stems from Davids collection as i noticed he has both models which is a rare sight.Not many collectors have both i presume let alone just either of them.
numi
numi

One cannot do much with all the monies in this world but can do much more if he strives toward contentment.
motorman

Post by motorman »

I know which one you will be bidding on then :lol:
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
SMS88

Post by SMS88 »

Regardless of relative rarity, the Group 6 is more desirable as a lhigh profile thin wheels legend and a very early SF model and the Italian GT40 is all too similar to Bulgarian/Hungarian versions........
numi

Post by numi »

motorman wrote:I know which one you will be bidding on then :lol:
Nope...neither of the two :lol:
numi
numi

One cannot do much with all the monies in this world but can do much more if he strives toward contentment.
matchboxuk

Post by matchboxuk »

numi wrote:Hi All,
Both these variants are rare as we all know but the exact tally does not exist so would appreciate your polls as to which seems/could be the rarer of the two.
Thanks in advance,
numi

Pics without permission from J.Watkins
I was in contact with an Italian Matchbox collector at the time called Massimo Ballardini. I can't remember what he wanted from the UK but the yellow Ford GT was in a multi pack (3 models rather than 5 I think). He only sent me the Ford GT as the other models were standard issues, so I don't know what the pack looked like. When it appeared the yellow Ford GT was not going to be found in the UK, I asked Massimo for more. He said there had been several packs when he found mine but they had all disappeared by the time he went back to the shop.

I only realised it was very rare when Paul Carr, who was working at Lesney at the time, mentioned he had never seen one. Several months later he saw a yellow Ford GT on one of the bosses' desk. I believe he was able to swap it for a white version with the manager's agreement!!!

I don't know of any other examples but there must have been more produced and played with, at least by Italian children!!

Nigel
numi

Post by numi »

Thanks Mr Nigel for this interesting tale,most appreciated.
Thanks Mr Mick for your input as well.
numi

The tally now is:
Yellow Gt40 = 7
Emerald Group6 = 0
numi

bobneumann

Post by bobneumann »

I know of a collector in Elmhurst Illinois that has the Emerald Green Ford Group 6 and a collector in Palos Hills, Illinois who has the yellow Ford GT. An entire collection was purchased by the second person to get the Ford GT and a crane with orange boom.

Bob
jimgallegos

Post by jimgallegos »

I think the GT by Far, Had a 4 of the Group 6 throughout the years as upgrades, but never the Ford GT.
Last edited by jimgallegos on Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim G.Come join us at the 2019 Gathering in New Mexico. 19-21 July 2097. email me @ matchb0x1@aol.com for information
numi

Post by numi »

Thanks Bob & JimG,most appreciated.
numi

The tally now is:
Yellow Gt40 = 9
Emerald Group6 = 0
numi