45b Ford Corsair

one new model to be updated each week
Dave R

Re: 45b Ford Corsair

Post by Dave R »

kerbside wrote:Here we are Hugh, I posted this photo of colours in my Casting Show.

The Greenish coloured model is the 1st issue with the Silver/Grey base plate, also the roof rack and the boat are a much lighter Green, it also is with-out any Silver trim on it.

George T.

Note also that evidently at some point the silver trim to the headlights was dropped, leaving silver trim on the grille only — see the middle car in George's photo, above. Back in the mid-1970s I bought a batch of regular wheel models (new old stock in a store) and there were around a dozen Ford Corsairs, and about half had the silver grille only.

Dave R.
kerbside

Post by kerbside »

Hello Dave R, I did mention that the one with missing Silver trim is the 1st issue as it has the Silver-Grey base, it has no Silver trim on the model at all.

George T.
Dave R

Post by Dave R »

Apologies, George, you did say that and I overlooked it! I don't recall seeing or hearing of a "no silver trim" Corsair before, so I was just focusing on your first photo with no silver on the headlights, sorry.

But I do remember a batch of Corsairs with silver grille but no silver headlights, I'll have to see if I might still have one to photograph, or perhaps someone else has one of these?

Dave R.
Diecast

Post by Diecast »

kerbside wrote:Hello Dave R, I did mention that the one with missing Silver trim is the 1st issue as it has the Silver-Grey base, it has no Silver trim on the model at all.

George T.
Hi George,
please check your models, I think that there is a mistake. The model without the silver trim (very late variation) has an unpainted base plate. The model with silver trim should have the silver-grey base plate.
Antonin
Diecast

Post by Diecast »

Dave R wrote: But I do remember a batch of Corsairs with silver grille but no silver headlights, I'll have to see if I might still have one to photograph, or perhaps someone else has one of these?

Dave R.
Hi Dave
Here is the variation :
a) silver trim to grille & headlights
b) silver trim to grille
Antonin
Attachments
DSCN5556.JPG
DSCN5556.JPG (33.61 KiB) Viewed 3814 times
kerbside

Post by kerbside »

Hello Antonin, yes I stand corrected you are right, that's the trouble having the models in one room and the computer in another room. ;)

Sorry about that, must be my age. :lol: :lol:

George T.
Diecast

Post by Diecast »

Thanks George for checking it. I am also an old man with poor eyes. :lol: As I have checked my late models I have found the third variation of the bonnet.
Antonin
Attachments
DSCN0091a.JPG
DSCN0091a.JPG (61.53 KiB) Viewed 3789 times
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

Idris wrote:The NAMC’s “Catalog of all Series Matchbox Models” (second edition) has variation ...45-2D (off-white).
See thread here.
kerbside

Post by kerbside »

1-45b X 3 col..JPG
1-45b X 3 col..JPG (50.86 KiB) Viewed 3551 times
1-45b no trim.JPG
1-45b no trim.JPG (55.8 KiB) Viewed 3551 times
The 45b With and with-out Silver Trim.

Three 45b models different colour models and a different colour boat.

George T.
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

Please note that the first post in this topic has been updated with information gleaned from Lesney link