Selling My Collection

Free buy, sell, wanted and swap ads
Forum rules
All deals are wholly private in nature.
VBD accepts neither responsibility nor liability for any aspect of any deal.
petethesweet1

Re: Selling My Collection

Post by petethesweet1 »

Hi Tim & all I don't know whether big lots that come to the markets lower prices or make people more keen Pete
tjlglass

Post by tjlglass »

I think it lowers the prices as it becomes flooded.
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

petethesweet1 wrote:There seems to be a lot of large collections coming up lately, are people getting cold feet Pete
No, we're just getting old :D
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
motorman

Post by motorman »

tjlglass wrote:I think it lowers the prices as it becomes flooded.
Indeed, but that then allows some of us who have been put off by the high prices being for minty HTF RW's to pick up a few models which previously may have been outwith our budget. Some times the lowering of the average price paid can renew interest from collectors with limited finances. :)
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
kwakers

Post by kwakers »

I believe it is better for we collectors to buy without the middle men making their large profit on both the shipping charges, and also taking a large commission from the Seller as well. A $50 model costs us $75 at auction, while the Seller only sees 40 of that cash. How can this auction method be better for either party?? This is just my point of view as a Buyer, I preferred Tinman's offerings helping many of us Forum members over that 3 year sale. I wish I had been in very early to buy more from Joe's vast and detailed collection...kwakers
petethesweet1

Post by petethesweet1 »

Hi all, been looking through his collection a couple of times apart from the plaster packs ect there seems to be very few rare models & boxes. A lot of the common boxes will be very hard to get rid off. The bottom end of the market is very tough at the moment Pete
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

There's plenty of wonderful things in his collection that make collectors smile (and smile and smile).
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
ford_a_30

Post by ford_a_30 »

petethesweet1 wrote:Hi all, been looking through his collection a couple of times apart from the plaster packs ect there seems to be very few rare models & boxes. A lot of the common boxes will be very hard to get rid off. The bottom end of the market is very tough at the moment Pete
Pete, I have seen many common models going for less then one would imagine, and playworn commons aren't bringing enough to cover postage but, I have been watching common boxes pulling some strong amounts. Cardboard seems to be way up right now. I have observed empty boxes bringing as much as boxed models.
It seems crazy but if I were to sell off right now, I would start with empty boxes.
petethesweet1

Post by petethesweet1 »

Hi all, I enjoy buying a empty box first then find the model for it. I tend to only collect mint boxes with models. I think mint stuff always gets a good price, you are right about the empty boxes they fetch more sometimes than with the model. Pete
jimgallegos

Post by jimgallegos »

I think this collection is a wonderful example of minty beautiful models and an incredible collection of paper history. The blister packs are a history lesson on their own. It has taken so much time and searching to assemble. I wish the best to the sale and in his future.
Jim G.Come join us at the 2019 Gathering in New Mexico. 19-21 July 2097. email me @ matchb0x1@aol.com for information