Please help

Anything eBay, Tell us your story, win lose or warn!
SMS88

Re: Please help

Post by SMS88 »

numi wrote:This seller earns himself a place in The Ebay hall of Shame.I had been watching this seller for a while but slipped for a few mths now.Seller was previously mentioned about 2yrs ago about selling a fake #41 Green Jaguar with spoke wheels and which had suspect axles.I remember that Jason (jaskelrod) purchased that specimen and re-sold off via Ebay.
Two Old Folks??? Hmmm i have serious doubts about this.This is a pseudo-guise of a youngster operator,faker,fraudster.
Check this out!
numi

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Matchbox-Bliste ... 2c93a8e855

Blister Pack - Hatra Tractor Shovel

This is a Matchbox Blister Pack - Number 69-B Hatra Tractor Shovel.
Orange Body - Yellow Blade - Yellow Hubs with Black Tires - 1965
Mint Condition - See Pictures

I took this piece out of the Blister Pack to put it on display.
So that I could have it beside my other variations.
Now, I wish I had not done that.
I put it back in and glued it carefully.

Box is perfect - Someone clipped the price off the Blister Pack with pinking sheers.

We have downsized and are in the process of liquidating hubby's toys.
Starting with some of his "Hard to Find" pieces.
This blister pack looks like it has been opened and resealed.Also this is a late 1969 design at the earliest perhaps even copyright 1970 because the blue Cortina is Superfast and as we know the Foden was a new for 1969 casting -why would Bronner still have E-Box Hatras to put into blisters late 1969 or more likely sometime in 1970?????
numi

Post by numi »

kwakers wrote:The marketing of that Hatra was not to my liking at all in the wrong Bronner blister pack, but it did bring a Vectis Auction price for the Seller Numi. The Buyer must now make decisions on it's originality, but that cannot be done very well inside that tight blister package.
In looking at the Seller's past sales very carefully 2 weeks ago Numi, the blue Low Loader axle crimps are fine, they just seem large and odd because the metal wheels used on this 27A are only 7.5 mm, small, and the crimps look enormous next to them. The colors are true and precise, so no faults there at all. The Buyer of that one bought it at 1/2 market value because the condition was excellent, so they bought a real bargain. Most of these blue Trailers always had top chipping from the cab unit being rubber banded on top of them when shipped in their boxes. I would not sell my NMint spare for that low of a price, but the Seller clearly sold theirs.
Jason asks the same question I did when the hammer fell on both of the nearly identical Wreckers they sold. Ghosty apparently saw some other more detailed pictures that help explain added values on one Truck over the other. As we all know, amber windowed Wreckers in Mint condition are quite rare, and present demand is high for them as Superfast collectors go back into regular wheels that were transition models. These seem to have brought a higher market price for one, while maybe the second was a more common casting? I had checked both their decks to see if they were the smooth early casting, but I believe they were both diamond plate 2nd style.
The Major Pack collection they sold off months ago had the indication of an elderly detailist collector much like myself Numi. The variations were quite deep, they appeared to be store bought Mint with some in their correct boxes, and I could only find one piece in their whole history to criticize. That one piece was a Major Pack Combine Harvester with large GPW fitted to it's front axle hubs. These were never sold that way, but maybe the Buyer will correct them when they put that one on their display shelves.
I am not familiar with the axles on the wire wheel Jaguar from 2 years ago, so Jason would have to comment on that particular model you have also mentioned above Numi. Do you perhaps have a name on this Seller? With the rare RW variations, and also the splendid Major Pack collection he has sold off, I am sure he is a long-time collector that is well known here in the U.S., perhaps even familiar to our own Tinman or myself. kwakers
Kwakers,i dont mean to be rude,crude or shrewd but stop patronizing sellers who clearly show signs of fakery & fraud and who are confidence tricksters.I understand your passion & trust in this hobby but u need to get up earlier sometimes and smell the coffee.In Sa we say "catch a wake up" :lol: See...i made your day ;)
I still love you!!
numi
numi

One cannot do much with all the monies in this world but can do much more if he strives toward contentment.
numi

Post by numi »

Heres another fake from the same seller.Pale Blue Prefect with metal wheels.Check out the base rivet.
Buyers need to educate themselves.
numi

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Matchbox-30-For ... 7675.l2557
Attachments
plk.JPG
plk.JPG (83.87 KiB) Viewed 448 times
pn.JPG
pn.JPG (116.09 KiB) Viewed 448 times
Last edited by numi on Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
numi

One cannot do much with all the monies in this world but can do much more if he strives toward contentment.
numi

Post by numi »

vetrad wrote:The 67 VW was enough to keep me away. Looks like the pale grape body only found on the SF issue (not dark purple), hard to see the rivets well but there was enough for me to question it. Seems like there are a few landmines planted amongst these flowers, but that's the new norm these days. What did you guys think of this one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Matchbox-67-Vol ... 7675.l2557
Definitely a base swop David and ure right,its the later superfast lighter purple body.
yeah,Happy new Year to you too! :D
numi
Attachments
kl.JPG
kl.JPG (135.15 KiB) Viewed 447 times
numi

vetrad

Post by vetrad »

Happy New Year to you too Numi! Unfortunately, same old tricks on eBay. I really appreciate you speaking up about these bad cars. I have lost the energy to debate these things much publically anymore. There are too many to keep up with, lol.

David
numi

Post by numi »

Perhaps Jason should change this thread/topic to "Beware of this Ebay Seller" or similar or perhaps any moderator could kindly move it to the Ebay Hall of Shame forum.
numi
numi

kwakers

Post by kwakers »

The 67 is definitely the wrong color, and also the rivets are not original vetrad. I never really thought about, or even looked closely at that one, but I should have in looking at it now. It is fake, but does the Seller even realize it Numi? OR perhaps was he stuck with it years ago and now it is just another 'rare' model he is selling from his collection? Did you have contact with him about your suspicions on the VW, and what was his reply?
Mick is right about the 1969-1970 Blister pack being too new to have originally contained that color change Hatra, but he did admit to removing it from a blister.....Not this one. The pinking shears cut off a 69 cent price I believe that was 'Up' for 1970 releases. He also admitted to re-sealing the Hatra in this blister in his listing, you might have missed that whole paragraph about him having done that Mick. Without a clear base picture from the Buyer of this Hatra Numi, we cannot tell whether this one is a 'Holy Grail' original or not.
As far as patronizing Sellers, maybe you have a point Numi, maybe you don't. Were any of this Seller's many Major Pack variations 'Fake' ? I probably did not scrutinize the axle ends very well on most of them, so educate me some more. The Major collection brought excellent $$ with no complaints that I could find from their Buyers. It really appeared a deep older collection Numi, both your and my opinions on this Seller's collection sale are just different.
That's All, We disagree! :D kwakers
kwakers

Post by kwakers »

After searching through 30 Pages of Two Old Folks Feedback, I find the following: A Good Picture of the 'Suspects', do they really look shady Numi? There are 112 pages of small items sold off over many years with Great Feedback, but no '41 Lesney Race' Car at all for at least 30 pages. I did find:
A Neutral Feedback on page 2 on a set of 'Tumbler' glasses that were scratched and discolored at $15/ best offer accepted, with no contact with the Seller at all before the 'Bad' Feedback was left.
On a three year old page there is a huge lot of frilly material that was 10 yards short from a buyer who admitted they would not return it because of postage costs.
On page 30 there was a neutral Feedback for some Hawaian cloth material the Old Folks had kept since the 60s that a Buyer insisted was not from the 1960s. 'It is much newer than that', was their complaint.
There are 112 Pages of Feedback, meaning I did not search the next boring 82 pages. That is all the details about these faking 'Hall of Shame' candidates of Numi's. Is this perhaps a case of mistaken identity Numi??
Jason asked a question about the two Amber window Wreckers. Were they fake amber windows. I see the Sellers had sold another one like them well over a year ago for only $135, so he may very well have more spares to sell off.
Why would Jason change his topic to 'Beware This E Bay Seller' Numi? Jason and I had the same question, and I think Ghosty may have answered it for us.
Why would a moderator step in to add these two old folks to the E Bay Hall of Shame when only the 67 VW RW in Superfast color is 'known' as modified out of perhaps 100+ Lesneys they have already sold over at least 2 years time?
If I didn't know you better Numi, I might suspect you do not want Forum members to watch this couple's future sales.
Before anyone steps in to question my judgement, I am not excited at all, just bewildered at Numi's request. Simply follow Jason's link to the E Bay Wrecker sale, hit 'Other Listings' for the Seller, and when '0' Turns up, Please go to the left margin and hit 'Completed Listings' to see the 'DIRT' and the picture of these Hall of Shame candidates.
Perhaps it is just a case of mistaken identity here Numi, but really...... :lol: kwakers
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

The AARP will have an investigator around in the morning to see Numi. Oh, the shame of it all, elder abuse ... :|
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
kwakers

Post by kwakers »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: kwakers