Post by fixer »

mike wrote:
motorman wrote:
mike wrote:Hello Alex.
Very nice and interesting models.
thanks for the view.

Interesting this rare brown :roll: color. ;) (Chocolate Model) :lol:

Greetings Mike
That's correct Mike it's the very rare "Cocoa" issue!!!!
Chocolate drink? Cocoa?
But Alex! We drink beer in this forum.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
it must be a brown ale :lol: :lol:
reg
mike

Re: From Russia with love

Post by mike »

I love mixing beer.
Light beer and dark beer. 50/50%
:D ;) :D
When looking for the code numbers of the models.

Prost Mike
Mike & Nico from Austria.
Fred7A

Post by Fred7A »

This is a nice item, and reminds me of 1960s Corgis with its wheels and transolite headlights. Even the box is nice, with Souvenir written in Russian on the side. The scale is a little smaller than 1/43, I would say about 1/48. I have a couple in spectraflame-style blue and green, and I have heard of an example with four headlights (not sure why, as I think the real car always has single headlights).

If I remember correctly, this model was made in Gorky, the same city as the real car, although the city has now changed its name back to Nizhny Novgorod.
motorman

Post by motorman »

Fred7A wrote:This is a nice item, and reminds me of 1960s Corgis with its wheels and transolite headlights. Even the box is nice, with Souvenir written in Russian on the side. The scale is a little smaller than 1/43, I would say about 1/48. I have a couple in spectraflame-style blue and green, and I have heard of an example with four headlights (not sure why, as I think the real car always has single headlights).

If I remember correctly, this model was made in Gorky, the same city as the real car, although the city has now changed its name back to Nizhny Novgorod.

Thanks for the info Fred. :D
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
fixer

Post by fixer »

Here's the three I still have after sending the brown one to Alex,glad you're enjoying it mate
Attachments
DSC_0123.jpg
DSC_0123.jpg (148.9 KiB) Viewed 5160 times
reg
motorman

Post by motorman »

Reg, I note the interiors are all the same colour. i wonder if any came with an alternative colour?
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
fixer

Post by fixer »

I have no idea Al there seems to be no difference other than body colour , I have seen one in white and one of the dark blue ( is this the spectraflame mentioned by Fred7a) with silver trim on the front
reg
Fred7A

Post by Fred7A »

Yes, the blue I referred to as spectraflame-style is the same as in your photo. If I remember correctly the baseplate lettering is not the same on all my examples, but they're not all easily accessible at the moment!
Minialuxe

Post by Minialuxe »

Hello from Russia! An excellent GAZ 24 model in a scale of 1:50. The option with four headlights is much less common. And yes, there is a window on the rear window connected with the light guides of the headlights, illuminate the window with a flashlight from a cell phone and enjoy the burning headlights. This "chip" was stolen from some of your English models.
I will be glad to cooperate. minialuxealex@gmail.com
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Indeed it was, Corgi had it working on a Buick Riviera, Rover 2000 and at least Joes' Diner snack Van.

Ghosthunter.