Superfast Casting # 20

A new model to be featured every week
motorman

Re: Superfast Casting # 20

Post by motorman »

Couldn't agree more Numi, that is a stunning looking Marzal. I wish they had used this a a production colour for this model.
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
Matchboom

Post by Matchboom »

Thank you both. Not sure about blue green shade though, Numi. Picture taken in natural light, but on a dark cloudy day. Yellow background may distort reality too. In hand, this 20A looks dark metallic green to me, shade being slightly darker than early 75A Ferrari and 45 A Ford Group Six for example. Motorman, solid disk wheel size is 11 x 2mm.
fixer

Post by fixer »

that must rank alongside the #22 Pontiac as the prettiest S/F made , the solid disc wheels look so right on this :mrgreen:
reg
motorman

Post by motorman »

fixer wrote:that must rank alongside the #22 Pontiac as the prettiest S/F made , the solid disc wheels look so right on this :mrgreen:
I agree Reg, i wonder why the solid disc wheels never made it to full production?
MOTORMAN

SMS88

Post by SMS88 »

motorman wrote:
fixer wrote:that must rank alongside the #22 Pontiac as the prettiest S/F made , the solid disc wheels look so right on this :mrgreen:
I agree Reg, i wonder why the solid disc wheels never made it to full production?
Because they were competing with Hotwheels so the hubs needed to look fast not the same as the previous rw models with removable tyres!!!
motorman

Post by motorman »

SMS88 wrote:
motorman wrote:
Because they were competing with Hotwheels so the hubs needed to look fast not the same as the previous rw models with removable tyres!!!
Thanks Mick. I still think the solid wheels suit this model so well. I would also love to see the solid wheels on the #5
MOTORMAN

SMS88

Post by SMS88 »

motorman wrote:
SMS88 wrote:
motorman wrote:that must rank alongside the #22 Pontiac as the prettiest S/F made , the solid disc wheels look so right on this :mrgreen:

Thanks Mick. I still think the solid wheels suit this model so well. I would also love to see the solid wheels on the #5
G box art teaches us that Lesney were clearly focused on and aware of the appearance of speed generated by moving their slotted SF wheels even slowly compared to solid disc hubcap designs!
Matchboom

Post by Matchboom »

This pic to give you a better idea of prepro 20A's shade of green. In hand, it's a bit darker than SF 75A.
Attachments
20 A green compare.jpg
20 A green compare.jpg (185.09 KiB) Viewed 8096 times
numi

Post by numi »

Perfect pic showing the true colors/shades of met greens.
Cool line-up! :D
numi
numi

One cannot do much with all the monies in this world but can do much more if he strives toward contentment.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

That is a good picture and it would be easy to assume the Green on #20 Marzal was the same Green on the #75 Ferrari had they been described and owned by different members in Two different places.

GHOSTHUNTER.