"Ghosty" adds NON Rolls-Royce models to his collection!!!

A place to show your latest finds
GHOSTHUNTER

Re: "Ghosty" adds NON Rolls-Royce models to his collection!!

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

That's alright my good man, just see it does not happen again...

Ghosty.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

For a while now friends have been telling me I should go to the Enfield Pageant of Motoring, so I cleared this with my Father and went on the Saturday (the 24th), only to find vast empty spaces, lots of blustery showers but a fairly good Autojumble.

I spoke to Rolls-Royce owner and during the discussion, he talked me into going again on the Sunday (the 25th), when there would be many more cars and probably more Rolls-Royce and I should bring mine along and he even gave me an exhibit pass (he was the organiser for the Rolls-Royce display for that show over the weekend), so I couldn't really refuse.

On the Saturday, I looked around the Autojumble for my usual fix of Rolls-Royce models but there were very few, nothing actually worth buying, so I didn't, instead I turned my attention to general Matchbox etc and came up with a few nice items and they are listed below...

#44, 'Boss Mustang' was 50p.
#1, 'Mod Rod, was 50p.
#10, Mustang 'Piston Popper' was 50p.
#21, Mercedes-Benz 230 SL was £2...Bright Yellow body and black interior.
#60, Morris J2 'Pick Up' was £2.50...Black Plastic Wheels, no rear window.
#30, Magirus-Deutz Crane was £1...Silver-Grey wheels.
Dumper Truck with green wheels, was £1.
Attachments
Enfield 'Lot'.JPG
Enfield 'Lot'.JPG (71.39 KiB) Viewed 1698 times
#44, 'Boss Mustang' and #1, 'Mod Rod'..JPG
#44, 'Boss Mustang' and #1, 'Mod Rod'..JPG (62.24 KiB) Viewed 1698 times
#10, Ford Mustang 'Piston Popper'.JPG
#10, Ford Mustang 'Piston Popper'.JPG (50.33 KiB) Viewed 1698 times
DSC05818 - Copy.JPG
DSC05818 - Copy.JPG (52.86 KiB) Viewed 1698 times
#27, Mercedes-Benz 230 SL, Base..JPG
#27, Mercedes-Benz 230 SL, Base..JPG (60.2 KiB) Viewed 1698 times
DSC05819.JPG
DSC05819.JPG (220.8 KiB) Viewed 1698 times
Green Wheeled Dumper Truck and Mercedes-Benz 230 SL..JPG
Green Wheeled Dumper Truck and Mercedes-Benz 230 SL..JPG (51.73 KiB) Viewed 1698 times
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Additional to the Matchbox models, I saw these two Lone Star Firenza models and just had to have them, but to help with the overall cost, I added a couple of battered 'MOY models so I could present a handful of models. Prepared for a shock when I went to pay for them, I broke into some of my usual slightly downbeat conversation..."what we gonna do for these then, some broken Yesteryears and two Lone Stars"...he came back with..."the Yesteryears are normally a pound each, but that one is still pretty good so that one is two pounds, the Lone Stars are very good and I normally do those for seven pounds"...it went very quiet, very quiet, I then came back with..."what about a fiver each for the Lone Stars, that then gives me a nice bundle of cheap models for thirteen pounds"...after some thought, he said yes, OK then.

Phew! have I really just brought two very good condition Lone Star Firenza models for £10....

GHOSTHUNTER.
Attachments
LONE STAR, No.7, Firenza.JPG
LONE STAR, No.7, Firenza.JPG (55.87 KiB) Viewed 1697 times
LONE STAR, No.7, Firenza (2).JPG
LONE STAR, No.7, Firenza (2).JPG (55.41 KiB) Viewed 1697 times
fixer

Post by fixer »

arghhhhhhh Ghosty you jammy g*t I've after one of those lone stars for ages especially the blue one at a sensible price as its the same as my old 1:1 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
reg
motorman

Post by motorman »

Those Lone Stars look very nice Ghosty
MOTORMAN

"Kill all my demons and my angels will die too"
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

Ghosty! how can you live with yourself? Exploiting that decent toyseller and purloining those lovely, fine, desirable models. I tell you that the guilt will eat at you until you can't take it anymore. Now, I can help you with this problem before it escalates :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
John
There's nothing regular about wheels
fixer

Post by fixer »

now I know how Alex feels about my orange #9 that blue lone star mmmmmm
reg
motorman

Post by motorman »

fixer wrote:now I know how Alex feels about my orange #9 that blue lone star mmmmmm
I have a Cunning Plan Reg!!!!!!

How about this......this is f***king brilliant!!....Ghosty gives you the blue Lone Star and you give me the orange Javelin!!!.........job done!!!!!..........i was born a genius!! :D :D Simples!!!!!! :D :D :D :D
MOTORMAN

GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

motorman wrote:
fixer wrote:now I know how Alex feels about my orange #9 that blue lone star mmmmmm

How about this......this is f***king brilliant!!....Ghosty gives you the blue Lone Star and you give me the orange Javelin!!!.........job done!!!!!..........i was born a genius!! :D :D Simples!!!!!! :D :D :D :D
HEY! HANG ON A MINUTE, THERE'S SOMETHING NOT QUITE RIGHT WITH THAT PLAN, CAN'T QUITE PUT MY FINGER ON IT :?

Ghosty.
motorman

Post by motorman »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:
motorman wrote:

HEY! HANG ON A MINUTE, THERE'S SOMETHING NOT QUITE RIGHT WITH THAT PLAN, CAN'T QUITE PUT MY FINGER ON IT :?

Ghosty.
No Kevin there is nothing wrong :lol: Everyones a winner :lol: Just trust me RIGHT!!! :x :x :x :x :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
MOTORMAN