Casting # 75

A showcase of !-75 reg wheel models, a new model every week
johnboy

Re: Casting # 75

Post by johnboy »

I'm glad you asked this question Jason because I was checking mine a few weeks ago and it occurred to me because I was confused too. On Nick's page, the text refers to the bases as blue, dark blue, blue-green and black. Ignoring the last two, the blues are later referred to as dark and light blue against Greg's photo but the models are then coded on the table as blue and dark blue. I seem to have a light blue and a dark blue compared to Greg's which looks like a colour between the two. :?: I should check it against the Refreshments Canteen.
Attachments
IMG_7628.JPG
IMG_7628.JPG (62.22 KiB) Viewed 2078 times
74abasecolour[1].jpg
74abasecolour[1].jpg (45.77 KiB) Viewed 2078 times
John
There's nothing regular about wheels
nearlymint

Post by nearlymint »

Ok John, that light blue just seems to be eluding me all he time. Your left model I see as the dark blue, Greg shows a lighter blue again and I have a metallic looking blue. Then the really light blue which I still need to get.
When I can do some good pictures I will try and show the colours.(apart from he light blue:(' )
All the best jason
Nearlymint
Check my swaps page(rest has been under construction for years :))
https://sites.google.com/site/matchboxmagicgbbo00/home
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

It's difficult comparing different photos accurately but it seems there are a number of shades of both the dark and light blue. :)
John
nearlymint

Post by nearlymint »

If any one has a spare model with a light blue base please let me know , got many swaps . Jason
Nearlymint
kerbside

Post by kerbside »

Hello Jason, this is some of the collectors doing, me included by calling it a Light Blue, but it is just the Blue as listed by Nick and by Stannards . It does seem hard to find I have only ever seen a couple.

Below the Blue, Dark Blues, and Blue/Green bases. The two Dark Blues are just a very different shade to each other.

Here are the base colours of the 74a models showing the different colour Blues Which Stannards lists ie as

Light Blue, Dark Blue, Mid Blue, Pale Blue, the Light Blue is the same colour as the Blue listed on the 75a model.

George T.
kerbside

Post by kerbside »

Hello John, the difference in the Blue bases between your photos and Gregs is just the the camera Gregs is taken with a strong light where as your photo needs a better bright light, the last photo I have put on of the Blue Bases is true to colour.

George T.
nearlymint

Post by nearlymint »

Hi George,
Thankyou very much for explaining, I can now see I have the 2 dark base models you show(shade difference) and the blue/green.
Now need to get the light blue base version, I do have a metallic blue looking base which I will try and photograph(may just be another shade of dark blue)
All the best
Jason
Nearlymint
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

Thanks from me too George and for the great photos. Your light blue seems lighter than mine :lol: I need to look out for the blue/green now.
John
nearlymint

Post by nearlymint »

johnboy wrote:Thanks from me too George and for the great photos. Your light blue seems lighter than mine :lol: I need to look out for the blue/green now.
Sent you a PM John.
Nearlymint
kerbside

Post by kerbside »

Hello John, just looked at 3pm your time but no pm there to read :?: :?:

George T.