53a Aston Martin

All regular wheel 1-75 or miniatures topics
nickjones
Site Admin

Re: 53a Aston Martin

Post by nickjones »

Someone HAS to teach the caveman how to use a camera.
Nick Jones.
In sunny Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, UK
Taniwha

Post by Taniwha »

I'll wind up the camera and get a picture of my two red ones at the weekend to post. Worth noting that they both have a metallic finish though...

Cheers,
Gavin
Faceless Bureaucrats have feelings too...
kwakers

Post by kwakers »

SOMETHING IS AMISS WITH POSTINGS NICK........ Ispent over one hour trying to get a Post onto that Bronner display thread, and finally got it on a third try. Are the 'Time Out' settings too short. Even though the top right shows me logged in, I cannot send my Post without it taking me to 'Log In' again, losing the 1\2 hour note I wish to post. I Cannot save the message or preview it before I re-log in, so I lose every message ................A complaining Caveman kwakers with a former happy and informative post or 2 or 3 :evil: now lost in cyberspace...
kwakers

Post by kwakers »

The Caveman has answered his own less than brilliant computer problem........... It is this d¥#* Asus mini-pad I am using. After a half an hour of thought, it struck me that if I am away from the Asus for more than 2 minutes, it goes into a sleep mode and then turns off. Even though it comes right back and shows I am still logged on, I apparently am not. The Asus is LYING to me. What a nasty little begger.....kwakers the slightly enlightened Caveman..........
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

kwakers wrote:The Caveman has answered his own less than brilliant computer problem........... It is this d¥#* Asus mini-pad I am using. After a half an hour of thought, it struck me that if I am away from the Asus for more than 2 minutes, it goes into a sleep mode and then turns off. Even though it comes right back and shows I am still logged on, I apparently am not. The Asus is LYING to me. What a nasty little begger.....kwakers the slightly enlightened Caveman..........
I turned off the sleep mode on mine because I found it a nuisance. When I'm composing anything of any length on the forum I always copy the text just in case something goes wrong. I just highlight it and right click/copy and it is saved to the clipboard and is available for pasting if anything goes wrong. Another alternative is to compose longer text in something like notepad or word and save it regularly, then it can be copied and pasted onto a thread when you're ready.
Last edited by johnboy on Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John
There's nothing regular about wheels
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

kwakers wrote:if I am away from the Asus for more than 2 minutes, it goes into a sleep mode and then turns off. Even though it comes right back and shows I am still logged on, I apparently am not. The Asus is LYING to me. What a nasty little begger.....
Hello kwakers, modern tech, isn't it just wonderful...!

You should be able to change the sleep timer duration to be much longer than your experiencing now, or even turn it 'off' completely, especially if you only use your ASUS on mains power. The sleep function is handy to save the battery when your not using it on the mains supply.

You should go into the 'Control panel' and look for 'Power options' and something in there should relate to what you need to adjust. If you get stuck, give me a shout and I'll try and talk,(type) you through it...

Regards.
GHOSTHUNTER.
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

I taken to writing longer posts in my "compose email" window. Reason being is that the window is kept open and the work saved even if I'm bumped offline (for any reason). The spell check feature is handy on long posts too. Once I'm happy with my post I clip n paste. Should the site I'm posting to be acting odd, I simply save the "email" for later use.
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
kwakers

Post by kwakers »

That is Great advice Joe. I just lost a very long winded reply once again to the sign in monster. It seems that even the new large computer goes offline long enough to log me off with absolutely no warning. I hit the submit button an hour ago, and poof....off went my Post into cyberspace once again.....
To highlight my lost Posts: The metal wheeled red Aston Martin was clearly pictured in a cardboard display in Fred Bronner's 1958 Dealers Book. We had the picture of that display on the old Forum. This we still believe to be a pre-production, and none have been reported to survive....Yet.
The 'Mythical' red Aston Martin Stannard lists I believe still survives. I would think he saw it in person when he was compiling his catalog. 'Color Blind' LOL (only in my opinion) Mike Stannard missed the non BP yellow cabbed 13D Dodge Wreckers, the bright red 9C Dennis Fire Trucks, the light blue cabbed 27a Tractor, the bright red 53 Mercedes 220s, and also the two distinct green colors of the 74B Daimler Buses. We early collectors noted all these distinct factory color variations along with many others too numerous to mention as they hit the stores brand new. For Mike to note the red Aston with BPW, he personally had to have seen one in a U.K. collection because he was just not a color guy at all in his catalog listings.
My 2 red Astons are lost in our house in a 24 car case, and one day will re-appear for me to look over. The GPW one was distictly Lesney metallic, while the other BPW one was not. They were so different from each other, I noted the one as red rather than the stock metallic red.
As on this afternoon's Post on the 10 Sugar Truck promo, expert Nick passed one up believing it to be a repaint. The 20A in green was passed up by Nigel as a repaint, giving Phillip Bowdidge the opportunity to feature it in Mike Stannard's picture pages. If I remember right, the #5A green buses were passed up by a known collector in Australia because he thought they were re-paints. How many red Aston Martins may have been passed up because they were not the stock metallic, and were just considered inaccurate re-paints by we 'experts?? I am a believer, and I still hope Santa Clause will put one of these 'Specials' in my stocking this X Mas. Ho Ho Ho.....kwakers
nickjones
Site Admin

Post by nickjones »

kwakers wrote:.... How many red Aston Martins may have been passed up because they were not the stock metallic.....kwakers
And hand up all those collectors that bought gloss red repaints believing they might just be the 'mythical martin',
Me for one lol.
Nick Jones.
In sunny Clacton-on-Sea, Essex, UK
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

nickjones wrote:
kwakers wrote:.... How many red Aston Martins may have been passed up because they were not the stock metallic.....kwakers
And hand up all those collectors that bought gloss red repaints believing they might just be the 'mythical martin',
Me for one lol.
Me for two (plus a few silvers) :lol:
John
There's nothing regular about wheels