What's happened to the forum?

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
YYS4BOB

Re: What's happened to the forum?

Post by YYS4BOB »

Smiths code 3.JPG
Attachments
IMG_8994.JPG
Last edited by YYS4BOB on Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob
AJR

Post by AJR »

Yes, but after one photo, the buttons get hidden.
I want to post about a dozen.
YYS4BOB

Post by YYS4BOB »

As you can see I was able to add a 2nd picture using the edit facility on the original post.
Bob
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

I can not find a way of expanding the attatchment tabs for picture posting.
Test -.JPG
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Only by using postimage (or any other host) the forum did automatically expand the vital boxes and I was able to use the forum's own picture posting method but it is a long winded way of doing it!
DrJeep

Post by DrJeep »

On my iPad I can add pictures but I have to do it before entering the text. Previewing the post reveals the attachment area again though it seems like the option to place images in the body of the text has gone and they can only be at the end.

From Safari on my Mac I haven’t been able to add pictures for a couple of months. As I had the iPad workaround I haven’t bothered to work out why.
Attachments
EBCF8EB4-DE9D-49A0-89EF-94A565EDC6F5.png
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

I put some text in the reply box and posted it but then went into the edit function and the Upload attachment tabs were in full view so was able to then add an image while my post was in edit model and I see while I am typing this, the Upload attachment is in full view!
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

So until we get the VBD fully fixed there is a way of posting comments and images to the open forum when replying to a member's post.

1, Click on the Reply tab.
2, Scroll down to the 6 check boxes and make sure a tick is in the 3rd and 4th box.
3, Type your text in the reply box area and click Submit (or preview for checking spelling etc).
4, View your post and then click the EDIT tab towards top right of your post (the first icon in the row).
5, The Upload attachment tab should be in full view so now click it and do your usual picture uploading. Don't forget to do a final Submit click.

This method has worked for me and maybe other members so far but It is not a method for multiple picture uploads simply because of the time it takes.

I can still use postimage to get images on the forum so maybe using third party picture hosting will do for now if the above does not work for you!
LUFF

Post by LUFF »

Thankyou for the update , in the corgi vintage bus lines topic some of the replys have disappeared just the empty reply box left also one picture.

picture posted from my computer ( not 3rd party) ,just had to tick boxes 3&4 as Ghosthunter lists before typing .
Attachments
img104.jpg
misterpop

Post by misterpop »

Test.
Heres the man with the bargains.Always open to offers from this sites members..http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/misterpop/m.h ... m=&_ipg=25