Another Y3 Tram restoration

Any brand, any year, show us your projects.
Tinman

Another Y3 Tram restoration

Post by Tinman »

This one has a roof and a pair of large wheels from Flowers as it was missing those parts. The red one is my previous Tram restoration.
Attachments
z Y3 1.jpg
z Y3 2.jpg
z Y3 3 (2).jpg
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
Fred7A

Re: Another Y3 Tram restoration

Post by Fred7A »

That green tram looks really smart and would certainly have complemented London Transport's green country area buses.

Many years ago I finished one of these trams in full London Transport livery and added glazing. I actually used a 1980s Herbert Kees copy made in Hong Kong rather than an original Yesteryear.
LT-E1-Tram.jpg
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

Fred7A wrote:That green tram looks really smart and would certainly have complemented London Transport's green country area buses.

Many years ago I finished one of these trams in full London Transport livery and added glazing. I actually used a 1980s Herbert Kees copy made in Hong Kong rather than an original Yesteryear.
LT-E1-Tram.jpg
Fantastic Job!!! I've got one more in the que awaiting restoration. If you don't mind, I think I'll use yours as a color template and do the same.
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
Fred7A

Post by Fred7A »

Tinman wrote:I've got one more in the que awaiting restoration. If you don't mind, I think I'll use yours as a color template and do the same.
I look forward to seeing the result! I think the grey on the roof should be lighter than the shade I used. Post-war the roofs were much darker, but by then they all had windscreens fitted, which the Yesteryear model doesn't have.