Vintage bus lines

Corgi & Husky toys by Mettoy
LUFF

Re: Vintage bus lines

Post by LUFF »

Hi Bill

No I do not have that one ,there is one missing from the list # 54206 so maybe it fits there if it was released? as they do not use the corgi factory number in the flyer.
So I could be one missing ??
Do you know the year the flyer came out.

In the flyer it says there are 6 in the series ,in the lists I sent you there are 4 from the national motor museum mint so the flxible could be one of the series but what is the 6th?
just to confirm list A.B and C I have the models actually in box all code1 factory.
Bill Manzke

Post by Bill Manzke »

Sadly, I don't have any more info than what is on the flyer. All of the buses in my collection (except the Baltimore ones) were sold in one big lot 4-5 years ago, so I have no way to check the box.
At the beach, counting down to retirement.
LUFF

Post by LUFF »

So you actually had this model with destination "STOCKTON " as I have never seen it listed or picture of it ?.
After checking my corgi catalogues the Flxible casting was first introduced in May 2006 with #54204 "Cleveland" , the second #54205 "Harrisburg " November 2006.
LUFF

Post by LUFF »

Just a little background on "The National Motor Museum mint " of Norwalk CT they are a business ( not sure if an actual museum as i don't live in the USA) that order models from diecast manufacturers to be sold solely through them by T.V AND magazine adverts , the models in the Corgi Vintage Bus Line have destinations, Fleet numbers and licence tags unique to
N.M.M.M so are exclusive and the costs are kept low .
They may be like the " Franklin Mint " in the UK?.

This is the first Flxible #54204 "Cleveland" , so all that had to be changed was dest, fleet,tag.

As in the post on page two, 2006 was a troubled year and a few models were deleated from the catalogue so that series may have been aswell because by 2008 Corgi was in the hands of Hornby.
Attachments
P1010881.JPG
Bill Manzke

Post by Bill Manzke »

Years ago I worked in the former Flxible assembly building. At that time it was occupied by a sign manufacturing company.

The Flxible logo was still on the wall inside.
Attachments
FLXIBLELOGO.jpg
LUFF

Post by LUFF »

Back to the M.C.I , in the 1995 catalogue another three models were to be issued both as collector models and bus bank but either corgi did not have the permission of the bus company or production ( this is the year Mattel sold corgi to management) only the Sea World as a collectors model was released,the Sea World money bank i have never seen though the demo bank only 700 made comes up for sale quite regular.

The casting was reintroduced in 2000 retooled and made in the Zindart factory with tampo's.
Attachments
P1010878.JPG
Bill Manzke

Post by Bill Manzke »

My Peter Pan MCI.
Attachments
Slides_070.jpg