Latest projects (restorations & customs)

Any brand, any year, show us your projects.
Tinman

Re: Latest projects (restorations & customs)

Post by Tinman »

The long, long truck! Another 16c, which was missing a plow and a dumper bed, was looking to team up with something else. A play worn 1e missing the canvas bed cover, with a broken tow hook and a broken windscreen decided to donate it's bed. A Pallet load of cement bags and another pallet of concrete bricks round out the load. Bricks and cement bags are made from plaster of Paris, the pallets are plastic. The long, long truck gets it's own box too.
Attachments
16c & 1e 1.jpg
16c & 1e 3.jpg
16c & 1e 4.jpg
16c & 1e box cover.jpg
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
YYS4BOB

Post by YYS4BOB »

Another little cracker!
Bob
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

I love how nice this one turned out. I made the tank from scratch and made the decals too. Again, these small decals ... what a pain to make and even a bigger pain to apply (but I digress). When the paint has set up for at least 24 hours, I'm going to paint the two bubble lights red. I'm also considering installing windows. Now I gotta go make a custom box. Click on the thumb nails to enlarge.
Attachments
1a LAX Fire 1.jpg
1a LAX Fire 2.jpg
1a LAX Fire 3.jpg
1a LAX Fire 4 (2).jpg
paelzermaen

Post by paelzermaen »

Phantastic one. Perfect combination of the crane chassis and the tank.
THOMAS
in Black Forest
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

A nice Major Pack M2-b that was overdue for a restoration. The Bedford cab and the trailer were purchased at different times. The trailer had knobby black plastic wheels and the Bedford cab had knobby Grey Plastic Wheels. Six wheels outnumber four, so the whole rig received Knobby Grey Plastic wheels.

I have a love hate relationship with Black Square decals. The decal film he uses is (in my humble opinion) too thin and delicate. The decal for the front of the trailer broke in two while being removed from the backing and so did the left side decal. The left side decal has some spots towards the rear that are translucent and make the decal look odd. You can overcome thin decal film by applying a coat of clear lacquer ... except doing that to his decals causes them to wrinkle and ruins them (go figure). He recommends a coating of Future polish to make them stronger. But that's a hassle and sometimes leaves brush strokes. It also requires a few hours of drying time before it' safe to place them in warm water (more hassle).
Attachments
M2b 5.jpg
M2b 2.jpg
M2b 3.jpg
misterpop

Post by misterpop »

OOhh :o :P
Heres the man with the bargains.Always open to offers from this sites members..http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/misterpop/m.h ... m=&_ipg=25
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

M-box regular wheel 30c as a Customs "platform." So, what comes next (30c projects in the works)?
Attachments
1a 30c poster.jpg