Grandads shouting again.

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
francipe

Re: Grandads shouting again.

Post by francipe »

YYS4BOB wrote: That'll be me then! Damn newfangled mobiles :lol:
And Mary, who occasionally gets a call on the home phone from one of her brothers.
I admit that I have considered deleting your mobile number from my Contacts entry for you Bob but I think you've used it once in the last 3 years.

I have a friend who has a Nokia 3310 which is Pay As You Go, still on the original payment. He and I share a love of aeroplanes but I can't cut and paste anything from the interweb to send to him without editing the text to remove photos and the unseen end of line characters HTML uses. Whilst he has mastered the art of receiving and reading a text, sending one is still part of the dark arts for Maurice. He keeps the phone in an old glasses case, in which he keeps a written list of the numbers he uses....
He doesn't have broadband or any computer knowledge and has resisted all my attempts to drag him into the 21st century.
YYS4BOB

Post by YYS4BOB »

Somewhere I have an I-phone 3 that my son gave me years ago as a Pay As You Go with £10 starter on it. i think it still has £6+ of that on it! I don't need to have a mobile device of any sort surgically attached to my hand like the majority of the populace.
Bob
misterpop

Post by misterpop »

YYS4BOB wrote:Somewhere I have an I-phone 3 that my son gave me years ago as a Pay As You Go with £10 starter on it. i think it still has £6+ of that on it! I don't need to have a mobile device of any sort surgically attached to my hand like the majority of the populace.
I cant find an emogy thing to answer this so I will just do this. Applause :lol: Applause :lol: Applause :lol: Applause :lol: Applause

I am sure there are more than a few on this website who still use land lines and would be very reluctant to give them up...Yes I have a mobile and use about 4 mins a month
my kids use them ALL the time but we do different things and have different needs...When I want to speak to somebody about a bill or other important matter I want to sit down and concentrate not be worrying about battery life,band width or mins left....
When I do get older [I'm 71 now] I want to be able to speak to who I need to speak to not being baffled by the new this years updated BS phone that sticks Minnie Mouse ears on my head..My mother in law died not being able to work her television as it had gone digital and no amount of writing instructions and LANDLINE phone calls to her a hundred miles away could get her back watching and she lived on her own and relied on the TV as a friend and constant companion..
If its not broke ,dont fix it.........Unless you need to dial 1572 that is.
Heres the man with the bargains.Always open to offers from this sites members..http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/misterpop/m.h ... m=&_ipg=25
misterpop

Post by misterpop »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:
Idris wrote:
GHOSTHUNTER wrote:My income is stretched across food for my Cat...
Glad to see you've got your priorities sorted out correctly!
''Lucky'' is my direct link to my parents and now both have gone he means so much to me, so I make sure he has his food and treats before I do!

Give Lucky my regards.... :oops:
Heres the man with the bargains.Always open to offers from this sites members..http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/misterpop/m.h ... m=&_ipg=25
francipe

Post by francipe »

YYS4BOB wrote:I don't need to have a mobile device of any sort surgically attached to my hand like the majority of the populace.
I've found the human body adapts to doing most things single handedly and it sure beats lugging a laptop around on dog walks. But it would be useful to know if the device can be surgically removed on the NHS in the event of needing to upgrade to a newer model with an improved camera....