33A Ford Zodiac Sea Greens

All regular wheel 1-75 or miniatures topics
ozboxrox

33A Ford Zodiac Sea Greens

Post by ozboxrox »

DSCN5879.JPG
this is the baseplate, looks ok to me but could be wrong !! I did think the front smaller front lights looked a bit on the odd side being painted in silver trim, but if the door handles have been painted in, whoever did them did a great job. Sun-fade, I don't think so, but then again could be wrong[/attachment]
The attachment DSCN5867T1.jpg is no longer available
DSCN5876t1.jpg
Need some help to identify the Ford Zodiac on top which is also the same model 2nd from the left MW version that appears to be a lighter shade of sea green. Have looked up the color charts and it seems to be closer to the blue rather than the sea green. It also has plenty of silver trim, even to the door handles. It all looks factory to me but would like the expert opinions to confirm exactly what it is, if possible. On the other hand it could be just a different shade of sea green with more trim. Well aware these models at times get overpainted with silver trim etc, but to me it looks like original work, in my very "humble opinion".
Regards ozboxrox
Attachments
DSCN5867T1.jpg
Last edited by ozboxrox on Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GHOSTHUNTER

Re: 33A Ford Zodiac Sea Greens

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

The separate front side light at each end of the grille were rarely (if ever!) painted in silver.
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:The separate front side light at each end of the grille were rarely (if ever!) painted in silver.
...add to that the fact that the door handles are also trimmed, and alarm bells start ringing.
Any chance of a photograph of the baseplate rivet?
kerbside

Post by kerbside »

33a X 5.JPG
The 5 plain colours of the 33a model.

George T.
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

Just wondering if this could be a partial sunfade. (We know that at least some early Lesney greens fade to blue.)
Diecast

Post by Diecast »

Sometimes it is very difficult to determine a colour or its shades and even more difficult is to find a proper name for this colour, so that everyone understands it
Antonin
Attachments
DSCN1729a.JPG