Vectis

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
petethesweet

Vectis

Post by petethesweet »

Hi all, did anybody win anything at Vectis today . A lot of high prices, boxes seemed very poor to me. A couple of bits i fancied but couldn't be bothered to put a bid on Pete.
misterpop

Re: Vectis

Post by misterpop »

Not me but I have been thinking of going into Vectis auctions as a buyer in the future till the fairs come back...Can you tell me how they work there postage system..Stay safe Ian.
Heres the man with the bargains.Always open to offers from this sites members..http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/misterpop/m.h ... m=&_ipg=25
matchboxmarcel

Post by matchboxmarcel »

I followed this auction live and made 16 bids but won only 1.
This certainly was one of the best regular wheel collections I saw in person.
I made a call to Philippe after the sale.
He was very happy and was amazed about the price realized for the Mercury.
Lots of items sold over the high estimate.

marcel
matchboxmarcel
petethesweet

Post by petethesweet »

Hi IanI think it will be a long time before Vectis have any viewers in the room. Its is amazing to see a 1000 models when they are sat on their boxes. I have always found Vectis to be very helpful, they do get good prices as they have 1000s of collectors on their books. Postage can be quite high approx £12, i have been there many times around trip of 400 miles Pete.
YYS4BOB

Post by YYS4BOB »

I have been buying and selling at Vectis for years, and have attended several of the big Yesteryear sales, usually viewing the day before the sale. This is always by prior arrangement as normally viewing is from 0800 on the day of the sale. Obviously, at the moment no visits are possible. Due to the increased volume of sales, postage can take up to 6 weeks (or more). They have just started posting out wins from the December sales. The staff are always very helpful in my experience.
Bob
DrJeep

Post by DrJeep »

Some lovely things there but some you would really want to see in more detail before buying - I think more pictures are needed when viewing is impossible. The description for the green 11a says that it has the chassis brace, which if true would make it an expensive repaint. The axles on the green 18e Field Car would definitely warrant a closer look, and I think the £130 price reflects that. A few of the other rare wheeled variations would also worry me. On the other hand, the white interior Corsair looks fabulous and the blue 27a was a great buy. The late reverse wrecker made an eye-watering sum (nearly £7000 with commission and VAT, I think) so clearly there is still demand for them!
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

DrJeep wrote:The late reverse wrecker made an eye-watering sum (nearly £7000 with commission and VAT, I think)...
Not bad for a code 3!
misterpop

Post by misterpop »

Thank you so it would be no good just winning a small lot cheap and paying more for post the idea then is to go in heavy and hope you win everything you bid on..I like buying cheap mixed lots and hoping for a bargain even buying blind often if the price is right...Bit of a gamble but I will give it a go next time theres a mixed diecast sale.Cheers.
Heres the man with the bargains.Always open to offers from this sites members..http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/misterpop/m.h ... m=&_ipg=25
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Anyone give us a link so we can see this stuff you have been talking about!
DrJeep

Post by DrJeep »

https://www.vectis.co.uk/auction/the-ph ... tion-867-1

You need an account to see the sale prices, but it’s a simple registration process and you don’t need to give credit card details.