Heres a challenge !

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
cOO7rgi

Re: Heres a challenge !

Post by cOO7rgi »

Mysteron man wrote:Did Citroen do a sporty car!!! Lol
Well, actually, yes, they did – the SM with Maserati engine which was exciting enough for both Matchbox and Corgi to make it.
Squid

Post by Squid »

The image posted by c007rgi comes back as "403 forbidden."

As regards the Citroen, Corgi did a few with ski racks on their roofs. However, I wouldn't classify a Citroen DS wagon as "sporty." Those were also 1960s-era. I would agree that the SM, and possibly the Traction-Avant roadster, were sporty.
Mysteron man

Post by Mysteron man »

cOO7rgi wrote:I also immediately thought about a Polistil model. Maybe it was the Polar Expedition Lancia Fulvia?

Here is the car c007rgi has suggested and it looks spot on to me, unless there is something else out there that looks like this it has to be it, I do recollect the clear areas on the screen, wheels on top and the snow spotting is accurate, colour is right. brilliant. thank you

Now I can look to source one

Rob
Attachments
s-l1600.jpg
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

A most impressive result. Well done gentlemen!
Mysteron man

Post by Mysteron man »

Got one guys.

Not the best example but cheap enough, missing skis, spots and luggage, apart from that its quite nice but the most important thing is the memories it brings. I could not have identified the car without the help of this forum and in particular c007rgi, thank you.

Rob
Attachments
DSCF2051.JPG
DSCF2052.JPG
Fred7A

Post by Fred7A »

It's great that you've been able to find a replacement for a lost childhood favourite after some excellent detective work from forum members.

I had one of these when I was young, and also had to replace it many years later due to my previous destructive tendencies. The few 1/25 Polistils I had were probably my best toy cars, but they didn't stand up too well to my less than careful treatment. Luckily I play a little less roughly with my toys nowadays...