Squid's latest finds

A place to show your latest finds
Squid

Re: Squid's latest finds

Post by Squid »

I'll have to check mine a little more thoroughly, but I don't think it has suspension. Could well have been deleted when the model was re-issued. The snow plow version does not seem to have been re-issued.
Squid

Post by Squid »

Things have been crazy here lately, resulting in this post appearing later than I would have liked. It's a bunch of recent finds in group photos, for a couple of reasons.

We start with some Regular Wheels. All but the 73C were a purchase/trade from Tinman. Thanks again, Joe!
Recent RW 800x600.jpg
Up next is a small group of Superfast, all eBay pickups.
Recent SF 800x600.jpg
And finally, some Corgis. I fell far and hard into that rabbit hole!
Recent Corgi 800x600.jpg
Due to USPS' recent poor performance (when they perform poorly, my area seems to suffer more than most) and my need to stop spending money, these will be my last finds for this year. Hopefully next year will be even better!
Squid

Post by Squid »

These were purchased late last year, but arrived this year. I guess they count as the first acquisitions of 2021. The Hillman was on my want list for a while.
20210106_135506.jpg
Squid

Post by Squid »

These models represent the first purchases/deals made entirely in 2021. Thanks to Brad Pittiful and Waratah for the 6Cs, both of which have white hydrosleeves! Both the Dinky Land Rover and the Corgi Ghia are awaiting decisions on their fates (more on the Land Rover in this thread). I am cautiously optimistic that the Mini will look better after a good bath; at the very least, it will do until a better one comes along.
20210122_175318.jpg
DrJeep

Post by DrJeep »

Two 6cs with white hydro sleeves! Very nice. Are they different shades of yellow or is it the light?
Squid

Post by Squid »

DrJeep wrote:Are they different shades of yellow or is it the light?
I took a look at them in sunlight coming through a south-facing window. They do appear to be slightly different is shade, the model at right being a little darker. Both are Nick's Code 2.
20210123_112850.jpg
20210123_112918.jpg
After getting a better look at the Ghia, I'm very uncertain what its fate will be. Both A-pillars are cracked, the left at the cowl and the right at the roof. At least it has a usable cream interior and decent wheels.
DrJeep

Post by DrJeep »

Thanks, Squid - great pictures too! It looks like the darker one has wheel nuts and treaded tyres, making it Nick’s code 8 though Yellowfoden pointed out that the codes are in the wrong order, with the wheel nut wheels coming first. As I said before, very nice!
Squid

Post by Squid »

Somehow I overlooked the additional three variations in Nick's listing. Both models have lug nuts on the front wheels, and would therefore be Code 8.

Thanks for the accolades on the photos, too...sunlight really helps! Now I have to wonder what effect the frosted paint on the window glass might have.
DrJeep

Post by DrJeep »

Squid wrote:Now I have to wonder what effect the frosted paint on the window glass might have.
Beneficial, I think. A north-facing window (in the northern hemisphere) will usually be better, because the light is more diffuse. Direct sunlight can give unpleasant heavy shadows.
Squid wrote:Somehow I overlooked the additional three variations in Nick's listing. Both models have lug nuts on the front wheels, and would therefore be Code 8.
Interesting. The absence of tread grooves on the paler model made me think it’s without the wheel nut detail - like Bert, I have a crossover or error model with one wheel with and one without wheel nuts, and the without-nuts wheel is also without tread patterns, like your paler model.