New Member..Hello

An area for less experienced collectors to ask questions and show their finds.
misterpop

Re: New Member..Hello

Post by misterpop »

I dont wont to rain on anyone's parade but I'm with YYS4BOB..
Heres the man with the bargains.Always open to offers from this sites members..http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/misterpop/m.h ... m=&_ipg=25
Mogsta

Post by Mogsta »

Many of us collectors are happy to have non-mint models in our collections until such point we can replace with a better one - I take the same view with boxes in that a repro box will fill the gap until I can get an original and it also protects the model from any further damage.

I understand different collectors have different views but if we all did things in the same way, we'd all be chasing after the same models and the same boxes.

I'm happy with my (ever growing) collection but that's because I collect what I like and I like what I collect.

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to all forum members.
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

Mogsta wrote:Many of us collectors are happy to have non-mint models in our collections until such point we can replace with a better one.
As I always say, half an apple is better than no apple at all.
nearlymint

Post by nearlymint »

mtchbx wrote:Thank you for the welcome messages. The hobby has really evolved since I was previously involved. I used to visit a small shop in Lynn, MA. called Harolds Place that was owned by Harold Colpitts and run by his wife. It was an amazing store and had a vast inventory. The store has long since closed and now the web is the worlds store. I am happy to be back involved and making decisions on what to collect. Boxes? No boxes? Mint? not mint? All part of the fun. Thanks again.
Welcome to the forum.
I bought a few models a couple of years back and some of the models had labels on saying Harolds Place, nice to put a place to a name.
J
Nearlymint
Check my swaps page(rest has been under construction for years :))
https://sites.google.com/site/matchboxmagicgbbo00/home