Siku Plastik

Not British, But were in the EEC now!
Sidebottom

Siku Plastik

Post by Sidebottom »

My hobby being dormant for about two decades, and having had to re-collect Lesney RW and Budgie again, and done so, I am thinking of going in a new direction. Liking predominantly 1950-s, creeping into early 1960's c. 1:64, I have narrowed it down to Siku V Series Plastic, and Solido Mosquito. These represent either end of the spectrum I guess; the former being long-running and relatively plentiful but a more bland subject matter, the latter being traditional die-cast, short-run and interesting subject matter but rare as all get out. What do members here think? Any other suggestions of other series along these lines (pre-1960)
GHOSTHUNTER

Re: Siku Plastik

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

You could look at the Wiking, Herpa and Brekina ranges of plastic vehicles which cover a wide range of transport subjects in the miniature 1/87 (HO) scale.

Ghosthunter.
Diecastmolester

Post by Diecastmolester »

You must be very rich.
Cowydd O'Lochdown-Bragsitt
Sidebottom

Post by Sidebottom »

Diecastmolester wrote:You must be very rich.
It may seem like that but no. Last night four minters went for 20 Euro on Ebay - I didn't bid as the vendor sort of indicated post would be expensive - around 29 Euro (to Australia) ...even COMBINED that is still good going and I regret it severely now, being deterred.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Put it down to experience and I am sure there will be others you can secure for your collection... :D