Benbros fatigue

Morestone, Benbros, Charbens, DCMT, Kemlows & Moko.
Idris
Site Admin

Benbros fatigue

Post by Idris »

Just came across this photograph of what appears to be severe fatigue in the load-bed of a Benbros milk float.
Fatigue.jpg
I'm probably wrong, but I don't think fatigue is very common in this range of models, hence the posting.
misterpop

Re: Benbros fatigue

Post by misterpop »

Oh thats fatigue all right..Maybe the load was cast by another company or maybe they got a load of leaded light windows and cast from them just for the milk float...Lets see if anyone comes up with a similar one.
Heres the man with the bargains.Always open to offers from this sites members..http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/misterpop/m.h ... m=&_ipg=25
DrJeep

Post by DrJeep »

The crate section of the Benbros Bedford milk float is very similar to the Matchbox version, so it's a pretty substantial casting. This is a later version with black plastic wheels, produced in the early 1960s. I think fatigue is common on the bigger Benbros but very rare on the miniatures, though the casting quality is often poor, even on the well-made models like this Bedford.
MOKOSEX

Post by MOKOSEX »

Benbros cast the lead horses on the large coronation coach,and i have read somewhere the reason why, was jack odell wouldn,t have lead at lesneys so this cross contamination didn,t occur,it could have also been
that lesney didn't have a horse die ready in time lol
dave