my very latest wins

Morestone, Benbros, Charbens, DCMT, Kemlows & Moko.
MOKOSEX

my very latest wins

Post by MOKOSEX »

Last week or so i posted a photo of a strange yellow roller auction win ,and a suitcase (loft find) well they have arrived,and the yellow roller was a repaint as suspected :( but it came with a few nice items it also came with the (bear) lot,which
is a easy spot the gem :D
From a different auction house came the suit case lot (this also came with another won lot of triang steel lorries ) 4 lots in all!! :D ......so you know them hoarder programs on telly,my wife keeps putting them on and then goes to bed :shock:
the clockwork air service car is interesting,it has two prongs on the side so i guess its a track car,its well made ,and the base says made in gt britain so i thought its welsh and possibly mettoy but could find nothing on the web so must be another major toy maker,also from researching the air service car ,i think this is a " moggie minor" :lol:
any info on the air service car?
dave
Attachments
SPOT THE GEM
SPOT THE GEM
yellow roller lot
yellow roller lot
triang steel lorries
triang steel lorries
suitcase lot
suitcase lot
suitcase diecast
suitcase diecast
rear timpo
rear timpo
cherio plastic + other
cherio plastic + other
triang
triang
tudor rose and mystery air mail service car
tudor rose and mystery air mail service car
base clockork air service
base clockork air service
mystery air service
mystery air service
smalls out  of the suitcase
smalls out of the suitcase
outside suitcase
outside suitcase
dodgem
dodgem
mobo scottie
mobo scottie
Moyboy

Re: my very latest wins

Post by Moyboy »

Don't know where you find them Dave but that lot brings back some memories. The old tin dog, squeeze the handle and his feet swing so he walks along, big Triang trucks and some strange bits. The safety pin with ball on was for fishing years ago, used as a bite indicator to hang on your line, when fish pulled it went up.
MOKOSEX

Post by MOKOSEX »

Moyboy wrote:Don't know where you find them Dave but that lot brings back some memories. The old tin dog, squeeze the handle and his feet swing so he walks along, big Triang trucks and some strange bits. The safety pin with ball on was for fishing years ago, used as a bite indicator to hang on your line, when fish pulled it went up.
i love lots like these you just don,t know what you will get ,you can,t see in the bear photo but theres hundreds of gum cards,like ufo ,champians ,football cards etc,the description said tea and playing cards so i am really pleased with gum cards ,also the fish bite indicator is a light up golf ball,its bakerlite and the safety pin looking object is a golf club,i had never seen one but they are about lol :D also nice BRS Enamel badge in the smalls photo :D
the plastic dodgem is clockwork and the 2 cardboard start and finish cards date from 1954/55 as thats when glasgow was the start of the monte carlo rally ,the things you learn lol. :D
dave
misterpop

Post by misterpop »

Nice one again Dave........Hoarder programs ? When are they on then.? ;)
Heres the man with the bargains.Always open to offers from this sites members..http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/misterpop/m.h ... m=&_ipg=25
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

The yellow over blue fun car is from the Mettoy Joytown two car race set from the early 1950's hence the same motor unit as used in their small diecast Rolls-Royce and Standard Vangard models.

Ghosthunter.
MOKOSEX

Post by MOKOSEX »

misterpop wrote:Nice one again Dave........Hoarder programs ? When are they on then.? ;)
They are on various sky channels usually after i have had a parcel delivered :D
dave
MOKOSEX

Post by MOKOSEX »

GHOSTHUNTER wrote:The yellow over blue fun car is from the Mettoy Joytown two car race set from the early 1950's hence the same motor unit as used in their small diecast Rolls-Royce and Standard Vangard models.

Ghosthunter.
wow! many thanks for this info ,i did notice the similarity of the clockwork motors especially the "key" being a hole rather than a square shaft and the made in gt britain pointed to mettoy but i couldn,t find anything so was beginning to think marx,glad its mettoy ,i will keep it now! :D
dave