orange mini with odd label

British made Matchbox Superfast 1969-83
MOKOSEX

orange mini with odd label

Post by MOKOSEX »

I got this mini in a mixed lot from an auction,the bonnet label has slipped but you can see the original place it was, at first glance i thought just an added label but looking at the label it says kakt rallye ,i looked this up and the rally was in the years 1965,1966,1967,1968,1969 and there were minis involved bmc mini coopers,so theres an outside chance this label was for this mini so i thought i would check in here to see if anyone has heard of it,or know the label from another car. :D
the mini is a bright orange one with orange borders on the racing number
dave
Attachments
DSCN9937.JPG
DSCN9936.JPG
DSCN9935.JPG
Idris
Site Admin

Re: orange mini with odd label

Post by Idris »

Anything's possible, but I'm a little unhappy with the idea of a promotional issue retaining those stupid door labels.
DrJeep

Post by DrJeep »

Nick’s guide says the orange-red colour appeared in 1973. Is that too late for this rally?
MOKOSEX

Post by MOKOSEX »

Idris wrote:Anything's possible, but I'm a little unhappy with the idea of a promotional issue retaining those stupid door labels.
I agree about the door labels,not very rally like :D
dave
MOKOSEX

Post by MOKOSEX »

DrJeep wrote:Nick’s guide says the orange-red colour appeared in 1973. Is that too late for this rally?
The rally carried on(still going on) but its name changed so the hope for this being a promotional model are slipping fast(like the label lol)
I think the label itself is from the 1970,s but what its off is a mystery and hopefully the answer will turn up so i will keep this oddity for now :D
dave