Help, have I done the right thing, new UK Collector

An area for less experienced collectors to ask questions and show their finds.
Idris
Site Admin

Re: Help, have I done the right thing, new UK Collector

Post by Idris »

smudger wrote:Looks like the Super Atlantic 16b GPW is going on eBay, fingers crossed it’s going to go to a good home. Any advice? Should I put it in the market place here or just let the eBay market decide?
The GPW 16b is a highly desirable model, and this example especially so since there seems to be no reason to doubt its authenticity. I'm sure that many Members would be interested in acquiring it at the right price. (I certainly would, if I didn't already have one.)
Unfortunately, VBD does not have any kind of auction platform, so that leaves two approaches to the Marketplace open to you. You could list the 16c with a realistic asking price, and see if you get any nibbles. Alternatively, you could call for offers and see whether any of them are high enough to convince you to do a deal. Either way (and this would be important for an Ebay listing should you wish to add a reserve), you need to form an idea of what the current market value is (which is a bit tricky because lockdown and Covid seem to have altered the market somewhat). Ebay doesn't seem to have any sold examples listed currently, so I suppose that leaves Vectis as your price guide.
Tinman

Re: Help, have I done the right thing, new UK Collector

Post by Tinman »

Idris wrote:Ebay doesn't seem to have any sold examples listed currently, so I suppose that leaves Vectis as your price guide.
Just don't use the Vectis prices noted in Nick's online price guide as those prices are very old and out of date.
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."