DSCN8400-001.JPG
Two code 1 models, one with-out the door decal, and the other with

the Silver trim to the grille.

George T.
Idris
Site Admin

Re: 6b with silver trim

Post by Idris »

George, thank you for the variation code information. I find it extremely interesting that we have a playworn, silver-trimmed variation code 1.
yellowfoden wrote:The group shot of three I still need to find out about and I understand belong to one collector. Image 6. The angle of the photo makes it difficult to determine the codes. I will try and find out.
Any luck, Bert?
yellowfoden

Post by yellowfoden »

Idris wrote:George, thank you for the variation code information. I find it extremely interesting that we have a playworn, silver-trimmed variation code 1.
yellowfoden wrote:The group shot of three I still need to find out about and I understand belong to one collector. Image 6. The angle of the photo makes it difficult to determine the codes. I will try and find out.
Any luck, Bert?
Hi Hugh and all,

Yes, a couple of steps closer. I now have the collectors name associated with the group of three and a couple of avenues to get some accurate detail.

If you hover your cursor over the image in my post each has a file name per photo has a number from 1 to 6.

In image 6 ( group of three ) the middle model has the window angled so I am thinking this should have rounded axles but waiting on confirmation.

Image 2
A keen eye will spot that the angled window on the image 2 and I have now more information on the 6b image number 2 with just the grille trimmed.
Interestingly this one is at the other end of the time line (about1962) to the one from Hugh and George that is trimmed in the similar manner.
This has dome head rounded axles with steel dome head rivet tipper pin as well as fuel tank block, raised tipper brace, decals and angled top windscreen.
Nicks code 9.

My search had me looking a little deeper on our own forum and found another member with a silver trimmed 6b.
I have sent him a pm asking if it would be possible for a close up image of the model and also the code details and with a bit of luck the history of the model given his long standing love of Lesney.

I will update as soon as I have more detail

Bert
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

I'm going to try and come up with a chart of the codes of each model along with the description of the applied trim.
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

Tinman wrote:I'm going to try and come up with a chart of the codes of each model along with the description of the applied trim.
I've already got a spreadsheet going which I've shared with Bert. I'll e-mail it to you.
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

Idris wrote:I've already got a spreadsheet going which I've shared with Bert. I'll e-mail it to you.
Received, thank you!
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

Found in my beater box today. 6b with silver trim. This one won't make the spread sheet, but it's evident that folks really like to detail the grille on this model. Missing the wheels and axles, missing the bed and the bed mounting pin ears are broken off. It does not have the block or extension on the fuel tank, so it's somewhere in the first half of the models time line. Model was repainted (poorly) sometime after the bed was broken off as the stub ends are painted over. Three sides shown so the trim pattern can be seen. No decals under the paint and it looks like the model was stripped prior to repainting (no idea what was going on with this one).
Attachments
trim 6b 3.jpg
trim 6b 2.jpg
trim 6b 1.jpg