Diecast Trains

An area for less experienced collectors to ask questions and show their finds.
puffpuffpuff

Diecast Trains

Post by puffpuffpuff »

Hi from a newbie to this forum, more than that I'm new to forums in general, Ghoasthunter & Idris were kind enough to reply to my earlier post saying that I should try starting a thread, so here goes. Please is there much interest here in Vintage British Diecast Trains? Can 'diecast' include other forms of casting (eg Iron, Lead, Glass)? I have tried searching the forum, but can only find posts regarding Lone Star Trains, there are/ were several more manufacturers. My interest also extends into non-powered (ie non-clockwork) tinplate and non-British but at least at first, I'm trying to go by the name of the forum.
GHOSTHUNTER

Re: Diecast Trains

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

The 'Vintage British Diecast' title is flexible and acts as an umbrella title for most of what we collectors are interested in so you will find tinplate, iron and plastic models scattered around the various threads.

I am not aware of a model railway version of this forum where diecast trains, model railway systems or locomotive collectibles are discussed so welcome something along those lines (no pun intended!).

Can I suggest you post something here relating to what you are actually collecting, interested in or searching for and see what responce we get.

If you do want to discuss Lone Star trains then really it would need posting in the Lone Star threads the same as the Dinky Toys trains would be posted within the Dinky threads but other general train toys and models would benefit from being here.

My own interest in toy and model trains touches on diecast but mostly comprises of the traditional Rovex, Hornby, Airfix, Bachmann and Dapol products among others.

Ghosthunter.
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

I would be really interested to get an idea of what you've got and just how wide-ranging your collection is.
Hopefully, you will be able to attract other collectors to VBD, especially so in the absence of an alternative forum.
puffpuffpuff

Post by puffpuffpuff »

I'm preparing to exhibit at the Alresford Festival of Toy Trains (http://www.alresford-toy-trains.org.uk/), so will take some photos and post
puffpuffpuff

Post by puffpuffpuff »

Hi Guys & Girls, Sorry for not posting for so long, have been busy, but I have been viewing VBD when I could but still not much train/ railway talk :cry: . So trying again, here are 4 Teddytoy Industries (TTI) Coronation Scot(?) locos [the larger ones in the 1st photo] from Stoke-on-Trent, some Gaiety Trains and some Crescent. I don't what the smallest ones in the middle are however the loco is very similar to the Crescent Loco so could be by the same person if not manufacturer.
Hopefully I have managed to resize pictures correctly.
If there is any interest, I have Tootsietoy & Midgetoy (from US), a single Mercury (Italian) wagon, cast iron Henry Wallwork, Chad Valley, picture from previous post shows a part of some Whisky(?) Miniatures

I must have been dozy last night labeling the Teddytoy pictures as Tootsietoy!
Attachments
Teddyetoy
Teddyetoy
Teddytoy & Gaiety Trains
Teddytoy & Gaiety Trains
Gaiety Trains
Gaiety Trains
Last edited by puffpuffpuff on Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Please do post pictures of those other brands you mention because it is always nice to see what the companies have made additional to the toy cars we probably have featured here on the forum.

Ghosthunter.
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

puffpuffpuff wrote:Hopefully I have managed to resize pictures correctly.
If there is any interest, I have Tootsietoy & Midgetoy (from US), a single Mercury (Italian) wagon, cast iron Henry Wallwork, Chad Valley, picture from previous post shows a part of some Whisky(?) Miniatures
Resizing is no longer required (here). Is there any chance you could repost the three photographs in the new format please? (I'm interested in seeing the details of the smaller, streamlined locomotives).
puffpuffpuff

Post by puffpuffpuff »

OK try these then...
Attachments
Marx Floor Train.jpg
Britains Paperweights
Britains Paperweights
Each model about 20mm long
Each model about 20mm long
Idris
Site Admin