U.S. Postal Service being forced out of business

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
Tinman

Re: U.S. Postal Service being forced out of business

Post by Tinman »

Tonight it happened again. Sold another model via ebay and I had priced the postage using USPS Parcel Select for a 1 pound 3 ounce package. Despite pre-selecting that as a shipping method (when setting up the ebay listing), I was not allowed that option. My options were to use United Parcel Service (UPS) at $13.00 or USPS Priority Mail at over $15.00.  Parcel Select priced out at $8.64 and that's the shipping cost I put in the listing (and what the customer paid).

I had to come out of pocket $4.36 cents to pay for shipping. Tomorrow I have to drive the package over to the UPS drop off point and hand it over to someone.  I guess I'm going to have to go into my auctions and jack up the shipping on all of them.  Of course that's going to have a big impact on my sales but I don't know what else to do, I did do one thing, I just made a donation to trumps opposition campaign. I've seen no emails or warnings to sellers (from ebay) that they were going to remove the common and lesser cost USPS options from the choices to buy postage labels. Ebay needs to get this straightened out or just adjust their advertised delivery times to accommodate trumps new postal system. What they are doing now is hurting the buyer by removing those lesser cost options and hurting the seller by not allowing them pre-selected choices and making them shell out half again as much money for shipping out of their pockets.  The person ultimately responsible for all of this is nonsense rubbish is trump.
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
matchboxmarcel

Post by matchboxmarcel »

not only hurting the buyer but also hurting the seller and therefore Ebay !
As a collector (and buyer) I don't like to buy items were the postage is the same or even more then the item cost.

marcel
matchboxmarcel
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

matchboxmarcel wrote:not only hurting the buyer but also hurting the seller and therefore Ebay !
As a collector (and buyer) I don't like to buy items were the postage is the same or even more then the item cost.

marcel
Well, it looks like ebay is forcing sellers into more expensive shipping options in order to keep delivery times down. I have directly experienced that very thing on my last two sales.
Moyboy

Post by Moyboy »

They are doing it here in Oz to so looks to be all postal services. Due to limited flights the price has gone sky high and instead of wearing the costs, the postal services are passing it all onto the customer. There is no gaurantee of shipping times and a lot going by boat as well (which was the lowest option because of time) even though they are still charging air price. Just a blatant rip off by PO's everywhere.
matchboxmarcel

Post by matchboxmarcel »

limited flights Mick ?
My catalogues as won in the USA went to Tokio and back to the USA before it went to me direct !
See my earlier post in this tread.

marcel
matchboxmarcel
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

matchboxmarcel wrote:limited flights Mick ?
My catalogues as won in the USA went to Tokio and back to the USA before it went to me direct !

marcel
Maybe they rode in an unused middle seat LOL.
Moyboy

Post by Moyboy »

matchboxmarcel wrote:limited flights Mick ?

marcel
This is the problem Marcel, items are loaded on and go anywhere as long as the plane finally gets to your end so load dropped in Tokyo and then back to fill up the empty space left and then on to whereever where it will then return with load from Europe to the States - all a bit long winded.
58oldsfan

Post by 58oldsfan »

Interestingly, I haven't experienced any delays or outrageous costs lately with the USPS. I did have a package lost about six months ago. A package someone was sending me. It went from Jacksonville, FL to Orlando back to Jax, back to Orlando, then was never heard from again. I got refunded by the seller, and I hope he insured it. In fact, I haven't had any delays in receiving items by UPS or Fedex lately either. I must be living right! I do find it quite funny that everyone blames President Trump for every problem that happens in the country today. Not quite 4 years in office and he has caused every problem we ever had. I guess it's a huge problem that our economy is humming along better than it ever has. The left says it's because of the previous administration. If that's true, then why aren't all of the "problems" because of previous administrations? The left accuses me of drinking the koolaid? Funny stuff. Nothing I say or do, or show proof of, will change the left's mind. Vote how you want to vote! But, when President Trump wins his second term, and he will. Try supporting him, and watch how things get done for the betterment of you and the United States! I supported an administration I didn't agree with for 8 years. Obama was my President even though I didn't vote for him. Now, it's your turn to support your country instead of playing the blame game. I still find it hilarious that a perpetually poorly run USPS, which is, after decades of just that, is failing miserably - and it is President Trump's fault! It's decades of stupidity in Washington, D.C. that is at fault. That's why the career politicians hate Donald Trump so rabidly. He actually wants to help better the country! While they are just lining their pockets. If you want the USA to prosper, and yes, be great again! Vote red in November. If you want the usual stupidity and complete wastefulness, Then vote that way.
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

58oldsfan wrote:I do find it quite funny that everyone blames President Trump for every problem that happens in the country today.
I'm only blaming trump and company for this problem which they have been quite candid about creating.
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

Writing as an outsider looking in, three things worry me about Trump:
1) His mental capacity (see this for instance.
2) His seeming disregard for the rule of law, and
3) What he will do if the election doesn't go his way, or ends up on a knife-edge. (There seem to be a significant number of people who think there is a realistic chance that he will refuse to concede defeat.)
Whilst point 3 lies firmly in the future, and is therefore a matter of conjecture, there is ample evidence built up over the course of the last four years to support points 1 and 2. That being so, is he really a good choice to be the (ahem) 'leader of the free World' (not that most of the free World has any say in the matter)?