Matchbox books

The Matchbox box, blister, catalogue and paperwork forum.
Idris
Site Admin

Re: Matchbox books

Post by Idris »

Tinman wrote:
YYS4BOB wrote:Yes, the English version came first. There were several updates. Very out of date now, but the pictures are nice.
Care to go out on a limb and recommend a YY guide or catalog that I might be able to locate and purchase?
I'm not a YY collector, but earlier this year I thought that it was high time I had a good YY reference work on the shelf. After a bit of dithering, I bought a copy of Picha and Lagner's "Matchbox Models of Yesteryear 1956 - 1972", and very pleased I am with it too. IIRC, it cost about £25, and I did hear that Graham from Rocketron still has copies for sale.
Viewfield

Post by Viewfield »

This is the book most of us use, the so-called “Bible”:
3E085004-9579-42AC-8FBC-4108B850C947.jpeg
It sometimes turns up on eBay for extortion money and sometimes reasonable.

Rod
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Tinman wrote:
YYS4BOB wrote:Yes, the English version came first. There were several updates. Very out of date now, but the pictures are nice.
Care to go out on a limb and recommend a YY guide or catalog that I might be able to locate and purchase?
It all depends on how much information you want to learn about the Yesteryears range.

If you just want to know what models were in the range and when they were introduced onto the retail markets there are a few guide type books available but if you want to know about variations of each model made then the often mentioned 'White Books' which are quite valuable reference works.

Ghosthunter.