Casting #62

A showcase of !-75 reg wheel models, a new model every week
kerbside

Casting #62

Post by kerbside »

62a General Service Lorry (AEC), issued 1959, length 68mm, box types B-C and D.
62b TV Services Van (Commer), issued 1963, length 64mm, box types D and E.
62c Mercury Cougar, issued 1968, length 78mm, box types E and F.

Not much variations on this model 62a apart from the axels, either crimped or rounded, and the Silver trim applied hap hazard, as shown.

The 62b modelscome with the base secured either with a clip on or a riveted on base, also the ladder rests differ by only 1/2mm I tried to show the internal braces in the rear but could not lift the doors enough, having the fear I might break them.

Still waiting for the Cream one from my mate, he said I would have it by Christmas, :D

George T.
Brad Pittiful

Re: Casting #62

Post by Brad Pittiful »

the play worn model in the front is a childhood survivor...if you remember the pic of me as a kid at christmas playing wiht my new matchbox...the 62 van was one in the picture

here is a riveted base and a tab base with a rivet hole...so i would guess they had old an body without the rivet post fitted to the newer base with the rivet hole

the cream cougar i made for myself...the play worn cougar was a survivor from childhood...it was my brothers but now its mine!

Please use a web hosting site (like photobucket) to store pictures so you can post them here, using attachments makes it hard to view the pictures when you have to scroll to see them. Seeing comparisons of models is hard to see with attachments too.
fintail

Post by fintail »

My lone 62:

matchboxkiwi

Post by matchboxkiwi »

My MB 62 C Mercury Cougar's.

Steve
Matchboxkiwi
Attachments
IMG_0801.JPG