25c Bedford petrol tanker

All regular wheel 1-75 or miniatures topics
Pierkemimi

Re: 25c Bedford petrol tanker

Post by Pierkemimi »

Just started to organise my collection, Found one petrol tanker and it has the thin wall, silvertrim grill and bumper in perfect condition. Maybey I will find the rest in due time.
Pierkemimi

Post by Pierkemimi »

Checked with a thick one and here is the thin whall model.

Pierkemimi

Post by Pierkemimi »

Idris wrote:I've been PM-ing with fellow Forum member Sebastian10 about the cabs on the 25c and what he made clear to me is that both the inside face and the outside of the rear wall of the cab were modified early on, but at different times, resulting in not two, but three different versions:
- Version 1: Thin-walled, with internal horizontal casting line.
- Version 2: Thin-walled without internal horizontal casting line.
- Version 3: Thick-walled without internal horizontal casting line.
If the above is correct, then Version 2 must represent a probably extremely short-lived (and presumably unsuccessful) first attempt to strengthen the lower part of the back of the cab. However, it is also possible that if twin tooling were used for this model, then we are simply looking at a detail difference between the dies which disappeared when the external changes were made..

Does any Member besides Sebastian have an example of Version 2 as detailed above?
My model has version 2. Found also today 2 models with thick-walled without internal horizontal casting line. With and whithout silver trim. Have a lot more off this model, so maybey I'll find other versions you mentioned.
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

Pierkemimi wrote:
Idris wrote:I've been PM-ing with fellow Forum member Sebastian10 about the cabs on the 25c and what he made clear to me is that both the inside face and the outside of the rear wall of the cab were modified early on, but at different times, resulting in not two, but three different versions:
- Version 1: Thin-walled, with internal horizontal casting line.
- Version 2: Thin-walled without internal horizontal casting line.
- Version 3: Thick-walled without internal horizontal casting line.
If the above is correct, then Version 2 must represent a probably extremely short-lived (and presumably unsuccessful) first attempt to strengthen the lower part of the back of the cab. However, it is also possible that if twin tooling were used for this model, then we are simply looking at a detail difference between the dies which disappeared when the external changes were made..

Does any Member besides Sebastian have an example of Version 2 as detailed above?
My model has version 2. Found also today 2 models with thick-walled without internal horizontal casting line. With and whithout silver trim. Have a lot more off this model, so maybey I'll find other versions you mentioned.
Brilliant stuff! Than k you! That's the (probably short-lived) intermediate version verified beyond a shadow of a doubt.
DrJeep

Post by DrJeep »

I wonder if this helps to explain the first 25c casting with the sharp line half way down the cab wall? I had these two lying around together and realised that the 3b cab also has the same feature, though not in exactly the same place.
IMG_8023 (1).jpg
This is quite strange. The two cabs are almost exactly the same size and at first I thought that the 3b cab had been modified to make the 25c. But there are enough detail differences to show that they're not from the same mould - the extra grille bars on the 25c are the most obvious, but the indicator lights are also in a different place. Anyway, it might explain why the cab was initially made with the thin wall, before being thickened.