Post by Maestro »

How beautiful "chaos" can be... Love your cabinets! :D

The Tekno Scania is superb!!

Maarten
"These may be toys, but this ain't child's play"
Fred7A

Re: RSSierra's Dinky Additions

Post by Fred7A »

There's a constant stream of quality merchandise making its way into your collection! The good news is that I can see some parking space in your cabinets if you squeeze the contents up a bit more.

That Stripey box was a truly amazing find!
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

I agree about the Stripey box, it is an amazing find!

''Candy and Andy'' featuring the sriped Mini was about the worst idea for a series devised by Mr Gerry Anderson and is largely ignored or forgotten by collectors of Anderson memorabilia!

Ghosthunter.
lionel-honda

Post by lionel-honda »

Hey Dave, yes, I am still lurking here on a regular basis. Same old story though, busy with work and family. I think I have seriously damaged the supply of Dinky Toys here in Canada, but childhood collections still seem to pop up occasionally! I was never able to land that collection that you and I spoke about. The family was torn on whether they should keep it or sell it, so I backed off. They have my number if they ever decide to sell.

All the best to you and your family, and please keep posting photos of your finds- it’s the first thread I check on whenever I log on here.

Scott
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

Thanks for that Scott!

Here are this weeks purchases:

A couple of Porsches purchased as a lot.

Austin Cab

Austin Devon

Fred7A

Post by Fred7A »

I like the Porsche 356, but those little silver dots on the headlights look rather comical. Maybe the convex shape was awkward to paint? Some issues did get more silver on the headlights.
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

The first 5 models here are from one source, a lady I had purchased an item from on our local auction site. We got talking about collecting and she sent me these out of the blue a week or so after my first purchase. She informed me these were the last models of her dead husband that she had just discovered in a drawer and she wanted them to go to a good home. She wouldn't hear of me even covering the shipping cost.

I'll remember that exceedingly generous gesture for a very long time and they will always stay together.

The missile platform below has been in my spares pile for a while, I finally came across some brass wire to make it a working modedl.

Finally a great example of an AA mini with a really good condition box.

Cheers
Dave
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

Just scored this group of Tekno’s, more pics when they arrive and have been cleaned up.
Attachments
F373C028-616E-4A2B-9926-E014DE4AAC1E.jpeg
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

The Teknos' have arrived safely and I am happy to add them to the collection.

Also arriving were two lots from Vectis the first containing a mixed group in very good condition:

The second lot was a mixed bag of 25 series trucks pre and post war, a couple of 6 wheeled wagons and the clincher truck which meant I had to buy this lot. I got the lot for less than this item usually changes hands for.

I now have two....

The bizarre thing with this lot was it looked like they had survived a fire. All were covered with black deposits and none of them had tyres. Which I didn't spot in the original auction photo's. The light tank didn't have any wheels or tracks so is awaiting replacements.

Lastly a couple of locally acquired boxed models:

Cheers

Dave
lionel-honda

Post by lionel-honda »

Nice score on the Weetabix Guy van. I really like the Tekno tractor too. I have a couple of the vintage Tekno toys around here, but generally they are very hard to find in Canada.

Congrats on all your finds!

Scott