Out of the running for a while... and back again!!

Anything off topic, Pull up a chair and make yourself at home.
Pierkemimi

Re: Out of the running for a while...

Post by Pierkemimi »

Be positive so that we don't miss you a long time. Kurt
Maestro

Post by Maestro »

Thank you all for the best wishes and the encouraging words! :D
"These may be toys, but this ain't child's play"
radar

Post by radar »

Good luck with your recovery
misterpop

Post by misterpop »

Love the PT Cruiser,dont care what anyone says.. :) ......Get well soon,if its got power steering you should be back driving in about a month.....
Heres the man with the bargains.Always open to offers from this sites members..http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/misterpop/m.h ... m=&_ipg=25
Maestro

Re: Out of the running for a while... and back again!!

Post by Maestro »

Hi you all!

Thanks a lot for all your support and nice words, it helped a lot!

But I'm back! Alive and kicking so to say. However... leave the kicking part for I still have to take it easy in the next few weeks.

After my 5 hours during surgery on the 2nd of July, on which I got 4 bypasses, I stayed 10 days in hospital.
In the meantime I'm already back at home for about 3 weeks, I feel good, but everything goes slowly. And I'm limited in my doing due to medical restrictions during the first 6 weeks.
In the first days after the surgery you can't do anything, not even move your head for half a centimeter on your pillow.
Not a surprise for - as the medics told me - your energy level is at absolutely 0% due to the heart and longues have been detached from the body and attached to a machine.
So the first days babysteps, but after 4-5 days the body improves rapidly. And now I take a walk of 500 meters in my neighborhood several times a day. Only 500 meters, but that will improve rapidly as well.

Also my interest in my collection and diecast in general is coming back little by little. So that's a good sign I guess!
I only need time to read everything I missed on VBD... ;)

Maarten
"These may be toys, but this ain't child's play"
misterpop

Post by misterpop »

Yeaa.!!! :D :D Knew you could do it...Now your a member of the zipper club [Yuck] Glad your back and believe me you will feel better every day...Is'nt it amazing what they can do and just take it in there stride...I could'nt look at the op on Youtube,still cant..I had a pacemaker fitted at the same time and cant watch that either...My pain threshold is nil but when they explain that your life depends on it and after you will feel like a new man its a no brainer really..Keep going good buddy and if you can play drums you can join my band "Back from the brink" we have a guitarist who had tonge cancer me with my new heart valves and a drummer who had a mild cold...He needs replaceing..Only jokeing Good luck and great to know you made it..Ian.
Heres the man with the bargains.Always open to offers from this sites members..http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/misterpop/m.h ... m=&_ipg=25
DGinBC

Post by DGinBC »

I am glad for you that everything went well, Maarten. Welcome back.
Dwayne on the left coast.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

Well Maarten, it was eye candy reading the details of your very recent medical re-jig!

Its good to know you are still with us but as we all know, each one of us is uniquie so the medics have to keep patching us up to keep us running (just old cars really!) and keep us alltogether.

I hope there are still some exciting topics on the forum for you to enjoy but if not...let us know and we will enforce the 'Make Your Post Interesting' clause to the members here who should know better when they post comments... :lol:

Hope you make a speedy recovery Maarten,
Ghosty.
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

That's great news, keep up with the rehab and I'm pulling for you to make a full recovery.
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
jsherwood

Post by jsherwood »

Excellent news, best wishes for your recovery.

Cheers

John