RSSierra's Dinky Additions

Dinky toys by Meccano
GHOSTHUNTER

Re: RSSierra's Dinky Additions

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

You are doing well on the planes but how on earth did you manage to secure the Ed Force models, always thought they were under lock and key never to see the light of day again!!

Ghosthunter.
Bill Manzke

Post by Bill Manzke »

I would make the assumption that Ed put some of his models up for auction the same way I did, and I would suspect at the same auctioneer. Ed Force lives close to that auctioneer, or did.
At the beach, counting down to retirement.
toysnz

Post by toysnz »

RSSierra wrote:And finally a couple of 29 Series US only release 2 tone cars, these are unique as they were owned by Ed Force and appeared in his Dinky Book.
OOOOOh :o - where did you find those Dave? I'm glad to see I'm not the only one in NZ to have part of Ed Force's Collection but I'd kill to have those two! :D

Ian
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

The following few posts have been moved to here...viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7729&p=84257#p84254

Ghosthunter.
RSSierra

Post by RSSierra »

Well time flies it's been well over a year since i last posted any new additions. A new job and limited free time means i haven't added much to the collection, I'm also getting a little pickier. here are the last couple of months acquisitions:

Cheers
Dave
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

The POOL tanker is nice displaying some great 'Playware' but how has it managed to keep both its headlamps ?!?

Always nice to see good condition TR7's and with their boxes, but this tells us they were not really loved that much so had little play time and probably stayed most of the time in the boxes which of course is good for us.

keep safe Dave.

Ghosthunter.
lionel-honda

Post by lionel-honda »

Hi Dave, I miss your regular posts showing all of the great Dinky Toy treasures you have found! I do fully understand work and family priorities though. It’s been so long since I posted that I don’t think I remember how to post photos.

Keep them coming when you can!

Scott
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

Some lovely models there Dave, can't believe it's over a year since your last finds. How time flies.
John
There's nothing regular about wheels
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

Yes, all great models. Thanks for sharing them.

On a side note, I had the chance to purchase many of Dr. Force's LLEDOS, several of which were featured in one of his books/guides.
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

The Pool tanker is a particularly nice historic, period piece - especially since it does not appear to have any fatigue!