63b Alvis Foamite Crash Tender

one new model to be updated each week
DrJeep

Re: 63b Alvis Foamite Crash Tender

Post by DrJeep »

Five years on, Harvey still seems to have the same model listed.
Diecast

Post by Diecast »

Nice spotted Dr. Jeep, it seems this variation is not so common when is spotted one time in 5 years. It seems also that the prices by Harvey are a little bit overpriced.
Antonin
Idris
Site Admin

Post by Idris »

Diecast wrote:It seems also that the prices by Harvey are a little bit overpriced.
Antonin
I assume this is the rare use of the phrase 'little bit' to mean 'enormously'. :D
nearlymint

Post by nearlymint »

Great find, I did add one to the collection a couple of years ago with white plastic springs.
J
Nearlymint
Check my swaps page(rest has been under construction for years :))
https://sites.google.com/site/matchboxmagicgbbo00/home
DrJeep

Post by DrJeep »

Diecast wrote: it seems this variation is not so common when is spotted one time in 5 years. It seems also that the prices by Harvey are a little bit overpriced.
Idris wrote: I assume this is the rare use of the phrase 'little bit' to mean 'enormously'.
nearlymint wrote:Great find, I did add one to the collection a couple of years ago with white plastic springs.
Thanks! I think it's one of those models that's scarce but not at all valuable. But I'm pleased to have it, even in this condition.
Brad Pittiful

Post by Brad Pittiful »

i have one of these

Please use a web hosting site (like photobucket) to store pictures so you can post them here, using attachments makes it hard to view the pictures when you have to scroll to see them. Seeing comparisons of models is hard to see with attachments too.
DrJeep

Post by DrJeep »

Brad Pittiful wrote:i have one of these
So much nicer than mine!
DrJeep

Post by DrJeep »

I took this one apart because the rear of the body is broken off. I thought the interior view might be of interest. This one is Nick's code 4 - white springs, two braces, silver nozzle. I expect there were lots of casting variations in this hidden area!
IMG_7967.jpg
IMG_7967.jpg (321 KiB) Viewed 6509 times
A question - does anyone have Nick's code 6, with black springs? I've never seen one.
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

Nor recalling the white springs were something of a rarity, I made a custom out of this Crash Tender. Opps :oops:
Attachments
11aa1a1 VBD.jpg
11aa1a1 VBD.jpg (80.61 KiB) Viewed 6497 times
11aa1a6.jpg
11aa1a6.jpg (212.31 KiB) Viewed 6497 times
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
DrJeep

Post by DrJeep »

Tinman wrote:Nor recalling the white springs were something of a rarity, I made a custom out of this Crash Tender. Opps :oops:
I don’t think the white springs are rare - don’t feel guilty! Green springs are rare, and the 30x12.5 wheels are definitely scarce. When the postal service is back to normal I must buy one of your custom builds - they’re brilliant!