It was broken, now it's fixed. 42c

Any brand, any year, show us your projects.
Tinman

It was broken, now it's fixed. 42c

Post by Tinman »

Who will be the first to post what's different now on this repaired and restored model?
Attachments
aa42c6VBD.jpg
aa42c6VBD.jpg (111.65 KiB) Viewed 1443 times
aa42c5VBD.jpg
aa42c5VBD.jpg (84.9 KiB) Viewed 1443 times
aa42c1VBD.jpg
aa42c1VBD.jpg (84.98 KiB) Viewed 1443 times
It might be time to start my "Bucket List."
Malibu

Re: It was broken, now it's fixed. 42c

Post by Malibu »

You replaced the rivet at the turntable (right word?) by a screw, pop rivet or somethig else.
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

Malibu wrote:You replaced the rivet at the turntable (right word?) by a screw, pop rivet or something else.
Bzzzt. Securing the boom by alternate means, that's something that had to be done (If I wanted the boom to pivot and stay on the body) regardless of any damage to the model. So, while a good answer, there was physical damage and missing part(s) on the model that had to be repaired/replaced - that's what you need to be looking for. When you spot it, you'll realize it. BTW, in the morning (after a drop of epoxy has cured), I will paint that replacement fastener and it will nearly blend in with the model.
Malibu

Post by Malibu »

Black cylinders replaced by 3D printed parts?
yellowfoden

Post by yellowfoden »

Very clever Joe,

My initial thought was the nice plum or maroon colour as apposed to the red but being a little too obvious. It took me a while but do you now have an 11c Jumbo crane without the hook end of the boom in your beater box? ;) :D

Bert
Malibu

Post by Malibu »

:o
Tinman

Post by Tinman »

yellowfoden wrote:Very clever Joe,

My initial thought was the nice plum or maroon colour as apposed to the red but being a little too obvious. It took me a while but do you now have an 11c Jumbo crane without the hook end of the boom in your beater box? ;) :D

Bert
Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner! I needed an new tip on the Iron Fairy and the hydraulic ram (to go into the hydro-sleeve) was missing. I had a Jumbo crane with the boom broken where it attaches to the weight box. So, that broken boom gave up it's opposite end and the hydraulic ram for the Iron Fairy. I think it looks pretty good, all things considered.

The devil inside me was temped to raise the lower pin (to make it a high pin), fill the lower holes and paint the whole thing in safety yellow. I would then call it the "real" pre-production Iron Fairy because the boom casting was different than the production model's. However, better judgement took over because that would really be just plain mean towards Hardy and "unsportsman like conduct."