My collection of vintage vehicles

Post photographs of your collection here!
Teals1

Re: My collection of vintage vehicles

Post by Teals1 »

A new one to grace the display cabinet. This one is the Hispano Suize (Matchbox Yesteryear Y-17) From my research I think this is a K6 model although neither the underside of the model or box state this. I have doubts though as the model is stated as 1938 and the K6 was produced until 1937 - anyone know for certain? I personally like the colour choice on this model as it is a little different and there is quite a bit of fine diecast detail moulded in. I understand that it was one of the early models to be produced from Macau where the Matchbox factory moved to.
GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

It looks more like a J12 wich were produced into 1938.

Ghosthunter.
Teals1

Post by Teals1 »

Another delightful model to add to my collection. I was pleasantly surprised with the level of detail on this model that is from the VITESSE stable. Although small, the detail shows the chain drive each side to the rear wheels and the chain drive for steering underneath. It is a 1/43 1899 Opel Patent Motorwagen Lutzmann. This was the first car manufactured by Opel and only 65 were made between 1899 and 1902.

Teals1

Post by Teals1 »

My latest addition, a Bugatti T35B. First appearing at the 1924 French Grand Prix, this model is of the 1928 developed version.
Teals1

Post by Teals1 »

My latest addition just arrived this week. A 1886 BENZ Patent-Motorwagen by IXO CLC331N. The original has been widely regarded as the worlds first automobile. It had a belt drive system and achieved a high speed of around 10mph (16Km per hour). Model has a lot of detail and I am delighted to have it in my collection.

GHOSTHUNTER

Post by GHOSTHUNTER »

I think every collector of model cars should an example of the Benz to remind them of where it all started from!

Ghosthunter.